11

♡ I wanted to write down exactly what I felt but somehow, the paper stayed empty

And I could not have described it any better♡

"WHAT? You're telling me you spent an entire evening with that guy.",Melody said.

"Yep.",I said into the phone.

"Do you regret it?"

"Not one bit."

"Then we're good. Did you see Caspian later?"

"Nah. I was too tired."

"Dude. That was cold."

"What? I was tired."

"Seriously? You spend an entire evening with his brother and you don't have ten minutes to spare for him."

"Cut me some slack, okay? Why does everyone start having a problem when I have fun?"

"I don't have a problem with you having fun. I have a problem with you ditching your too-good-to-be-true boyfriend."

"I didn't ditch him. He came home late. And I asked Blaze to say my hello to him."

There was silence for a while.

"Mel?"

"Here. Listen, I, uh, gotta go. I'll call you later.",she said.

"Uh...okay."
She had already cut the phone.

I dialled in Caspian's number. He picked up within the first three rings.
"Ah, I assume you finally made the effort to pick up your phone and call me.",Caspian said.

"Oops. Wrong number.",I teased him.
I rolled onto my stomach and kept the phone attached to my ear.

"So. How was your day? Was my brother of any inconvenience to you?"

"Not at all. In fact, I had fun.",I said.

"Hmm. That's good then. We both will go there together sometime."

"I'm looking forward to it. How was football practice?"

"Good. Hey, uh, also..there's this party at Veronica's tonight. I don't usually go to parties but she invited me so I have to go. You wanna come along?"

"Are you sure she'll be okay with that? She doesn't appear to like me very much."

"Pfft. It's Veronica we're talking about her. Forget her. We'll have fun."

I thought about it for a while. I hated going to parties but knowing that Caspian would be there with me was kind of a motivater.
"Okay. Pick me up."

"See you at eight, then, sweetheart."

I melted right there. I clutched my phone to my chest and sighed contentedly.

I quickly ran downstairs, successfully avoiding falling to my death.

"Mom?",I called.

"Yes, honey?",she called back from the kitchen.

I walked towards the kitchen, my phone still clutched tightly in my hand.

"Hey, mom, I was wondering if I could go to this party tonight...",I started.

"Don't you need friends to throw a party?"

I gave her a sour look as she bit back an amused smile.
"Sure. Be home by eleven, max."