9

♡ What can I say, baby? What can I do? The monster in me loves the monster in you. ♡

                               ♡

"Where are we going?",I asked.

"Shh.",Caspian said as he led me through the cafeteria. I was stripped from my comfortable, far-away-from-human-civilization table, where I usually sat alone.

Caspian held my hand and led me through a maze of students.
"From today, you won't sit alone."

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. The loud chattering in the cafeteria buzzed in my ears. I held my food tray in the other hand as I waded through the waves of students.

Finally, we stopped in front of a table.

"Hey bro!",Mason, the captain of the football team called out. He is your common jock. He wore a school varsity jacket. His head was shaved. Jessica Malton sat on his lap, playing with her hair. Almost everyone from the football team was there.

I even noticed Veronica and her friends sitting there. I felt a tad bit uncomfortable. I straightened my hair and dress as the girls at the table eyed me with distaste. I pushed my glasses up my nose too.

"Guys, Amy's gonna sit with us from today.",Caspian announced. I gaped at him and tried signalling him to not do whatever he was doing. He didn't seem to notice though.

"And why exactly is she gonna sit with us?",Veronica asked, her beady eyes narrowed at me.

"Because she's my girlfriend.",Caspian said, narrowing his eyes back at her. Her mouth opened in shock, just as all the other girls' did. The guys raised their eyebrows and a few of them whistled too. I couldn't help but smirk slightly at their stupefied expressions.

Veronica regained her composure and gave me a fake smile.
"What a delight! Why don't you sit down, Amy?!"

I cleared my throat and gave a weak smile before sitting down next to Caspian.

I immediately felt out of place. All the other students in the cafeteria looked at me and whispered among themselves. I noticed some people snickering in the back. Veronica immediately engaged herself in a conversation about boys, clothes and shoes, completely ignoring me on purpose. However, their sense of style was completely different from mine.

They wore heels, gorgeous clothes and had makeup on. I sat there in my overalls and a white sweater along with my maniacal hair and stupid glasses.

I couldn't force myself to fit in somewhere I clearly didn't belong.

As the doorbell of Caspian's house rang, the images of me at the 'popular' table played in my head again and again.

"Gosh, your hair is so frizzy. You need conditioner, girl. I'll get you some."

"I know. And we totally need to go shopping. What are you wearing?"

"My grandmother used to wear those.

Everyone laughed. I tried to put on a fake smile. It's easy when you're used to it.

The door opened. I almost blindly walked before I could take in the image of the person standing in front of me.

"Well, well. If it isn't my baby bro's girlfriend. Hello Ame-uh-Ameli-Amy.",Blaze said.

He was wearing a plain black flannel along with black jeans. His jet black hair was parted to the side as usual. His green eyes glinted as a devilish smirk sat on his face.

I rolled my eyes.
"Move aside, Blaze."

Blaze smirked wider as he moved aside and let me in.

"You should really stop smirking. You look like that clown from McDonald's for some reason.",I said.

The smirk stayed on his face.
After a while, he said.
"Oh, sorry. Am I supposed to be offended?"

I rolled my eyes and pushed my glasses up my nose.

"You're cute when you roll your eyes like that.",Blaze said. He came closer and tweaked my nose.

"Wish I could say the same about you.",I said, looking into his piercing green eyes.

"Well, you can't anyway."

"And why is that?",I asked, putting my hands on my hips.

"'cuz I'm hot. Smokin' hot. Not cute.",he winked.

"To hell with you.",I said as I turned on my heel and started walking towards Caspian's room .

"Caspian's not home.",Blaze said.

I turned around.
"Where did he go?"

Blaze shrugged.
"I try staying out of my brother's affairs."

I sighed and walked back towards the door.
"Tell him I stopped by."

"Sure. Try not to miss me.",Blaze said as his lips twitched.

"Whatever."

...

"What do you mean you took the keys?!",I exclaimed, my breath steaming around me. My teeth chattered and my specs fogged up.

"Sorry. I thought you'd be at Caspian's for a while. Mum and dad were out. Brandon called. He said he wanted to try working things out. I locked the door and took the keys with me.",Lexi said.

"Well I can't exactly spend the rest of the evening here, you know. I'd probably die of pneumonia."

"Look, I'm sorry. And I got to go. Brandon's here. Bye. Love ya.",she cut the call.

I sighed and looked at my porch. The sidewalk was already caked with a fair amount of snow. I had two options. I could either die of pneumonia on my doorstep or go to Caspian's house and wait for him to return. And put up with his annoying brother.

Sadly, I had no choice but to choose option number two. I jogged back to the house opposite to mine and took in a deep breath before ringing the doorbell. I bit my lip as I heard the door opening.

"Girls can't resist staying away from me. You're no exception. Come in.",Blaze said with his stupid smirk on his face.

"Are you always this cocky or do you always feel the urge to become so when I'm around?",I said.

"You make my hormones go overdrive, I guess.",he winked.

"Ugh.",I said as I walked into the living room and propped myself on the sofa.
Blaze walked in and sat down opposite to me.

"My foot's still sore you know.",Blaze said.

"I don't know why it's sore but thanks for telling me that. You made my day better."

"Well, if you remember, you stepped on my foot the other day."

"Oh. Now I do. Well you deserved it.",I said with a smirk.

"Touchè.",he said with a raised eyebrow.

"You were being an asshole.",I said.

"I'm always an asshole."

"Agreed."

A side of his lip tilted as he got up and motioned towards the kitchen.
"You want something to drink?",he asked.

"Nope. You're probably gonna spike it or something."

"You think so low of me.",he scoffed.

"You're not exactly the friendly-neighbour type you know."

He rolled his eyes and walked out the door.

"You're cute when you roll your eyes like that.",I imitated him. I chuckled to myself.

"I heard that.",I heard him calling from the doorway.