Chapter 3 - fooling myself

I shake myself out of my thoughts and look to my right to see Diamond had asleep. Looking outside I see we are in the air and I must really been in my thoughts for so long. Seeing Jared again brought back bittersweet memories along with it. As soon as I get home I need double shot of tequila and lemon. Four hours has passed now and we just reaching New York and I was good. I wake up Diamond and we both got up and out the plane. Diamond was complaining she was tired and when we reach outside our ride was there and the driver took our things. I pick up Diamond and carry her to the car since she too lazy to walk by herself. On the way home we stop by Mc Donald’s to get me and Diamond something to eat. Now couple blocks away from my house my phone rings and I smiled at the name on my call ID my current boyfriend and best friend.

“Hey Douglas” I smiled looking out the window

“Hey, how are my two favorite girls?” Douglas said

I sigh and laugh “tired and hungry”

“I missed you and Diamond” Douglas said

I nod and put my ball fist under my chin “we missed you too… Diamond met with her father today” I said

There was a silence in the other line and a sigh “where, how did it go?” Douglas said

I sigh “good, he was happy but shock… He seems to be determine to find me and her” I glance at Diamond who eating her food and playing with her doll. “We saw him at the airport in North Carolina and Diamond was very happy to meet him to they talked” I said

“How do you feel about it?” he ask with concern

“That I need a drink or two… I don’t know, he comes out the blue and I feel nervous at hell and all I could think how would Diamond reacted and what shock me more before Jared made appears she ask me when will I let her meet her father” I shake my head and smiled down at my baby when she glanced at me humming ‘ this little light of mine ‘ a gospel song “ I didn’t want to disappoint her so I told sure… what I less expected him showing up at the airport like some Greek god” I laugh at my example lets scratch that sex Greek god.

“It must be a hard day huh! Did he give any trouble?” Douglas asked

I yawn and run my hand in my hair “No, but he will be when he finds us and who knows what else he wants”

“Don’t worry so much baby… he might be buffing. He lost his chance to know his child when he deny y’all unborn child” Douglas said seriously

I nod laying my head back on the seat “Yeah I know… but Diamond has a right to see her father and I’m not going to stop her… I’m just afraid that seeing her isn’t going to be enough for him”

“Why?” Douglas asked

“Cause Jared will be Jared and surprise me with an ultimatum” I sigh I look out my window and we just pulling up at my house. It’s a two story house with seven rooms and all.  There are three bedrooms, kitchen, living room, dining room and bathroom. Lucky for me I have a bathroom come with my room. Getting out the car I stretch my limbs and help Diamond out the car. She made a big mess on herself but that my baby for you. We walk towards the house with the driver behind us with our bags. Getting in the house I sigh with content. “Hey Douglas let me call you back after I settle in my house okay” I tell him

“Yeah sure, call me back so I could come over” he said made a kissing sound on the phone I just smiled “Love you Camille”

“Love you more Douglas” we hang up and I got to work with me and Diamond stuff. I took our clothes to the washing machine and throw them in. coming out the Kitchen I see diamond knock out on the coach. I laugh at the way she was position, her hair is a mess, her little body is laid cross the couch and her right arm and leg is hanging of the couch. I took my cold food and warm it up and eating it up after I ate. I took diamond up to her room, putting her pajamas on and carefully lay her down. I soon hit the shower taking a bottle with me and glass cup. Taking a bath and drinking tequila is a relaxing thing. My wonder back to Jared when another flash back.