Chapter 1- reunion

In the Airport at 42B was crowded. Camille on her computer typing from a distance she watch her nine year old daughter play around with her friends. She was happy to see them watch her leave. She smiles and continues her typing and she felt a tap on her shoulder looking up sees her daughter.

“Mommy when we get home, do I have to go to school" Diamond said

“Diamond honey, you know that answer to that. I won't allow you to Miss any days of school unless you’re sick and have a flu"

“or traveling with you" Diamond said smiling

“Fine and that to... go play" she smiles

“Hey Mommy... when will you let me see my daddy"

Camille watch her then saw a movement looking at the glass window in front of her she see a reflection of the man she give her heart to nine years go. Glancing away she looked at her daughter smiles and nods.

“I’ll see what I can do baby... for now just know that I will let you have a quick glance nothing more if you don't want to take it far."

Diamond eyes light up and smiles “you promise a quick glance nothing more?"

“I swear with my life... and hope to die" I smiled back “I promise"

Diamond nods and runs back to her friends. Camille save what she haves and shut down her computer and puts it away. She need something to cool her down. She walks cross from her gate taking her purse and orders a mocha latte. She sips it then hears a deep voice of a laughter a cross from her. She glance and sees him with a bright smile and she swallows hard and move away as fast as her legs go but it was too late a voice yells out to her.

“HEY! ... Do I know you from somewhere?"

Camille shakes her head no walking still not looking back. Then a firm grip was around her arm.

“Look at me please... I feel I seen you somewhere" he said with a firm tone

Camille was nervous and melting under his touch but tough up herself. She glance his way and had straight emotionless face. She watch him look at her and taking her in. she glance away and hear gasps but his grip never weaver.

“Camille! It that you?"

She swallows hard and answer

“Yes,Jared it’s me... Camille Hayes and the flesh"

“Wow, you look wonderful" he glance away and I feeling nervous tension. I look towards my daughter whose busy playing around with her friends then I heard his voice. “I never aspect to see you again after that terrible conflict we had. I missed you... How are you? Why are you here?"

Anger went through my veins. I turn back to him. “Cut the crap Jared, I know you’re not. So why wasted my time talking all this crap when you don't!”

He had that look he gets when you’re pissing him off. He walks up to me chest to chest. His eyes narrow as watch me closely. “Your right and wrong the same time. Yes I'm not very happy to see you, but you do look stunning it makes me feel a certain type of way... But then I remember something-" he looking at me up and down. I watch how his eyes shift to my lips then my eyes.

“You remember what! ... That you’re too good for me and any other women. I don't think your guest would like you this close to me”

He laughs at me and glance to the side then me " that guest is my sister Marie... and no your wrong" he touch my bottom lip with his index finger and smirk " I remember that you was always mine for the start any guy that you date can never out beat your first love." He looked up at my eyes as I watch him to I hear loud speaker telling me that my flight is ready for us to load. I pulled away but not as fast I wanted to. His other hand was still on my lower back. How the hell it get there I must be really be in my thoughts to not pay attention to what this man doing.

“look Jared, I should go and tell your sister I say hi" I remove his hand off me and walked away fast hearing him call after me. Getting to my things, I pick them up and my Daughter things." Diamond! Honey let’s go" I call to her going to the line watch her skip over to me and take her backpack over her shoulders and I wave to the parents of the kids and thank them. The line was slow but I didn't mind it watching my baby.

“You live in New York?" A deep voice said I knew too well

I looked at him and tighten my grip on my things “yeah... You should go back to your gate? Or waiting for someone to pick up or goes on the plane" feel Diamond hand in mines as she hums her favorite song.

“You haven't change mentally but Physical you did well over the years sure bless you" he said watching me “You know this just remind me one stupid disagreement and you disappear for nine years right?"

“Who’s counting?" I asked

He walks over to me and glared at me before he could say anymore Diamond spoke

“How much quarters in three dollars mommy?" Diamond said

I look at her and think for a while then answer

“Twelve baby"

“Mommy?" He give me a confuse look in glance over to see who it was but I block his view.

“Yes Mommy... Remember when I told you long ago in your office that I was Pregnant and you denied it being your child?"

He nods and looks to my belly " What about it?"

“Good because I had the baby and we had a girl" I moved out the way and looked at Diamond “Diamond honey?" She looked at me with a smile.

“Yes mommy?"

“I promise you ... I find a way for you to meet your dad right?" I said hoping and praying she get no idea of staying and getting to know her father. Because I was damn sure I wasn’t trying to get to know him again. I had a boyfriend back at home waiting on me.

She nods " what about it?"

I sigh and hating what I had to do “honey this man is your father" I pointed at Jared. Diamond looked at him and then me with wide eyes. she look like she was shock and happy in the same time.

She starts to cry in my arms “it’s okay honey... I know it must be so overwhelming for you"

She shake her head “No, mommy it's fine ... I'm just happy that am not fatherless and you kept your promise to me like you always do"

I smiled kissing her head and looked at Jared he had this shock but happy expression on his face “what’s your name sweetie?" He ask her

Diamond looked at him and held on to me “Maple Diamond Hayes, but mommy calls me-

“Diamond" Jared smiles as he finish her sentence

“yeah, how you know" Diamond said curious looking up at me then Jared

“overheard your mother call you it" Jared said

The line started moving up more and we was next in line and I was happy to get away from him as soon as possible as Diamond talk to Jared. I showed the guy at the gate our tickets and passports. “Diamond say bye to your daddy"

“Bye" she waves goes in front of me and goes in the hall. I was right after her when I heard Jared loud voice.

“You can keep my child away from me Camille... I will find you and we will settle this childish game you’re playing

I turn to glance at him and smiled “so long Jared”. Taking Diamonds hand and walked on the plane taking our seats and sigh.