Chapter 12- Clear mind and out of sight

I nod and smile "thanks" I open the front door as Jared went to the Living Room to watch TV as I move towards the door. Upon get ready to open the door I heard the TV play out.

"Hey, Hun" I said happy and moving out the way for Douglas to come in. He walks in and looks around. I swallows and clear my throat "hey baby, let me go take a quick shower just woke up not too long ago"

"Okay, I'll be in the living room if you need me" Douglas said smiling

Meanwhile, Jared in the living room irritated listening to them. He became furious by the way Douglas tries to be the man in his girl's house. The TV is playing but his mind was not in it. His eyes was staring straight ahead but his ear was on their conversation. He heard Camille going upstairs and footsteps heading over to where he was. Douglas walk in not expecting to see Jared on the couch watching TV like it was his home to make matters worse he wasn't feeling Jared from the first time they met. He only dealt with him because of Diamond. He loves that little girl like she was his own. He walks over and took a seat on an arm chair and glance at Jared and took a breather.

"Hey, I didn't know you was here" Douglas tries to start a conversation

Jared look at Douglas sideways then at the TV. He was feeling some kind of way and he was going to react to it.

"Hey, I kind of figure" He smirks at the thought of Camille

Douglas smiles at Jared for less being somewhat social even though there is tension in the room. The shower could be heard and a soft melody coming from the bathroom. Camille in the shower bathing singing her song as she thought of Jared hands on her hand body doing nasty dirty things. She shakes her head trying to get those thoughts out her head and finish her shower.

Jared POV

Me and Douglas still in the living room watching TV, well he was, my head is stuck on me and Camille about to get it on when this knuckle head came ruining our moods. Then he has the nerve to try to start a conversation with me when I was still hot to knock the hell out of him calling my girl baby. So, just to amuse myself I greet him back hoping he doesn't say nothing else and boy was I glad he didn't. I wasn't sure what would come out next if he had said anything else. We was enemies not friends to be talking to each other but to be the bigger man I such up my feelings and talk to him.

"How long, you in Cami been dating" I asked just to kill down the silence

Douglas laugh nervously and glance at me "a year would you believe it"

I nod as looking anywhere other than him as my blood boil but I breathe and force a smile and look at him. "Sounds like everything is going good for you guys" I said dryly without giving myself away that I'm not interest

"Yes, we try to take it slow and soon we was screwing" he smiles like he won a lottery

I felt my eye twitch couple times lucky for Douglas didn't see that my face to see that I wasn't the happiest at the moment not one bit. We heard footsteps upstairs and then it was silent.

"It's good. She given you something that proves her feelings for you" I said between my teeth and continually to breathe to calm my nerves.

Douglas was looking out the window and he was chatting away about something I really didn't care about and my only concern is that Camille need to get her ass down here before her boyfriend end up with a black eye. I felt I was losing myself in a battle by holding my emotion back for so long just so this asshole can be happy. I was so close and then he had to open his mouth again.

"You know Jared, you are not a bad guy. I thought you was at first and now seeing you around being the man and father you should be. I'm glad your back Diamond deserves her father love" Douglas said looking at me as I ball my hand and smile sticking my hand in my pocket.