•|20|•

There was an awkward silence when Jae and Brian got back to their apartment. Jae sat down, quietly thinking, while Brian went to make himself a coffee.

The ghost figeted. He didn't know what to do about this one. He felt truly bad for Brian, and for Youngjae.

He bit his nail.

He mentally smacked himself for biting his nail, since he'd been trying to stop for a while now.

He bit his nail again because now there was annoying bit of hang-nail there that he had to get off.

How does a ghost even get a hang-nail?

Then he got annoyed with himself because now he was just using his nails as a distraction from the real issue.

Maybe he should just interject and say what was really on his mind. After all, Brian would surely rather have Jae open up to him about his feelings, right?

He sat for a while longer, hearing Brian boil the kettle, and decided to just go for it.

"You know," Jae eventually followed Brian through into the kitchen, forcing all of his dread and nervousness deep down inside, "I don't mind if you want to try dating Youngjae."

Brian immediately stopped making his coffee at that, almost dropping his spoon. "W-what?"

"Well, y'know, since we can't get to my body, it would be a bit weird for you, just being single your whole life in everyone else's eyes." Jae looked down to the ground. "So you could just date Youngjae. We'll still be binded, I can still go out and about with you. We could even still sleep together, since he can't see me."

"Jae..." Brian had a dark tone in his voice that immediately Jae didn't like. "You already know I'm not going to do that. That would be cheating on both of you, and I'm not that kind of person."

"I know, but I hate to see you alone, I mean-"

Jae was cut off by Brian kissing him. It felt weird for it to happen that way around, but he quickly smiled. "I'm not alone Jae."

The ghost signed again, running his hand over Brian's.

"I'd do anything to have a body. I just want us to go out for dinners and sit in the park, and I want to properly meet Dowoon, and I want to smack Youngjae, and-"

"See I knew you'd hate me dating Youngjae."

"Yeah, yeah, okay I would. But I'd hate for you to feel lonely even more... I mean it. If this building were to ever be demolished or something, I want you to promise me you'll get my body back."

Jae was dead serious. Brian doubled his efforts to look serious too.

"Jae, I'll get your body back even if it means knocking this building down myself." Brian promised, and Jae jokingly picked up a hammer, handing it over to the human.

Brian took the hammer from Jae, pretending to smack him with it before putting it down on the counter and instead taking Jae's hand.

"We will find a way, Jae. I promise."

•°•°•°•

Sorry for the late update, ya boi was in london at the Stray Kids concert oop-

I am just the biggest mess now 🤧🤧

Chan's abs and Changbin's arms are all that have been on my mind for over 24 hours now help------