•|10|•

Brian's second day at work involved sorting out his room, putting up posters and arranging his desk, making sure he settled in, and meeting with some of the students and professors, so he could get a better idea of how the place was run.

He was halfway through hanging up a large comic-sans style poster about past tense verbs, when a couple of men entered the room, showering their surroundings with compliments.

Brian was a bit house-proud, and made sure to take his decorating very seriously.

Jimin followed them in, smiling when he saw that Brian was fitting in well.

While they talked amongst themselves or began to help put things up, Jimin began to speak. "We were wondering if you wanted to come and get lunch when this period is over? I usually eat with the languages guys since the science teachers are so boring."

"Oh, sure. These guys are all language teachers?" Brian low-key inspected them all as they talked, and Jimin gave a small nod.

"Well, apart from Mr. Cha. He teaches psychology. He doesn't really talk very much, just listens, so he likes to hang around with people who specialise in talking."

It was then that Brian's eyes settled on 'Mr. Cha.' He was a tall man, taller than Brian - and that was saying something - with tanned skin, and dressed head to toe in a stylish black suit. He looked like some kind of vampire-voodoo-werewolf man.

But he was also somehow really handsome, like an evil Disney prince. Weird.

•°•°•°•

"Wow, Canada? No way, I'm from Canada." One of the students grinned as they waited for lunch.

Brian was stood in the separate line for lecturers, talking about his past with Bambam - the Thai language teacher - when one of the students butted in on their conversation eagerly.

Brian turned to see a smallish man looking excitedly back at him. "You're Brian right? The new English teacher? I'm Mark, one of your second-years."

Mark came and sat with the lecturers, eagerly telling stories of his childhood in Canada, and Brian felt relieved to finally have some common ground with someone at the university, even if it was a student.

Brian shared stories of the years he spent there studying, and how he had almost formed a band with a now-famous YouTuber.

Everyone was hanging on to his every word, and it felt great to really be making friends with these people.

That is, until Mr. Cha (Hakyeon, Brian had found out was his real name) cut in, in perfect English. "So how come you didn't stay in Canada and teach Korean? Surely you'd be more qualified."

"Oh, uh," Brian was caught off guard by the question. He really didn't want to relive the stories of his and Terry's relationship crumbling. But he didn't get a chance to justify himself before Hakyeon spoke again.

"Ah, a relationship back there gone sour, huh?" The teacher gave a small nod. "I can see why that would drive you back home. You're better off without him."

The other language teachers looked stunned. Of course, none of them knew what he was saying, but none of them knew he spoke English either.

"Hakyeon, why didn't you become an English teacher?" Mark grinned, obviously being sarcastic.

Hakyeon gave off this dark, slightly evil or demonic aura, and Younghyun could see from a mile away that Mark was glad to not have him as a teacher.

"I prefer psychology. Human minds are so interesting." Hakyeon shrugged; everyone watched as he stood up and left the cafeteria without another word.

"That man is fucking scary." Mark stated in English, and Brian nodded his agreement.

•°•°•°•

"Human minds are so interesting." Jimin put on a weird voice as he spoke on the way home, and Jamie began to laugh at his antics.

"Don't bully him. He just isn't out of the emo phase yet." She giggled, glancing at Brian in the back seat. "He hasn't put you off, has he?"

Brian thought back. He'd had a lot of fun teaching that day actually. His first year class had been really nice to him, considering it was his first year too. They would ask a lot of questions, and were really engaged. It had boosted his confidence a lot.

"Definitely not. I'm not planning on leaving any time soon."

•°•°•°•

S

orry for the late update, thanks for waiting!

Ya girl just went to the BTS Wembley concert so I had to out off publishing it 🤧

How have you all been?

💕💕💕💕💕