•|17|•

After crashing at Sungjin and Dowoon's because it was closer to where they needed to get, the two men and their guardian ghosts headed out to this mysterious house.

Dowoon woke up confused, wondering why Jae was there, but Sungjin made up some excuse about him coming over drunk late last night because hed forgotten that he moved house. Dowoon found it funny enough to believe, and let them get on with their morning.

When they left (telling Dowoon that Sungjin was bringing Jae home and then going to work), there was an excited tension in the air. This would mean that Wonpil would be human again. He could breathe, eat and sleep just like everyone else, and he wouldn't be able to float through walls or meddle with people anymore.

He would be all Sungjin's.

They pulled up outside the house, which looked pretty dull to Brian. It was just a normal house in Seoul.

But they knocked nevertheless, and the door swung open to reveal a tall man stood dressed in all black, looking like some dark shit was going on.

Brian didn't get a good look at his face until he was on his way indoors, when the two made eye contact, and Brian frose.

It was Mr Cha, the weird psychology teacher.

Cha smirked, seeing the surprise on Jae's face, but immediately let him in anyway. They were gonna have to have a long talk at work the next day.

He encouraged everyone to sit down, including Wonpil and Jae.

The latter looked astonished and thrilled that someone else could see him, but stayed quiet so we could see the spectacle at work.

It was like watching something out of a Disney movie as sparks seemed to fly and cells came together, building muscle around the bone, eventually forming a skeleton, and then building onto that and- ew, Brian saw Wonpil's brain.

But within a minute, there was an unconscious body in Hakyeon's arms.

Sungjin gasped at the sight, but waited patiently.

Nothing happened for a moment (Jae later explained that this was because Wonpil was being sceptical) but eventually the body burst into life as Wonpil inhabited it, drawing a huge breath, eyes flying open.

Hakyeon set the body down on Sungjin's lap, and the two shared eye contact for a moment, before Wonpil grinned widely and threw his arms over Sungjin's neck, and the two shared an emotional hug.

It was incredible for Brian to finally be able to see the man that Sungjin was always raving about. The man who'd been cleaning the house for years.

Wonpil was small, compared to Brian, but had these huge eyes. One had a little turn in it, but that seemed to add to his attractive appearance.

And of course he was naked.

Hakyeon could build a body but he couldn't magic up clothes, apparently.

But Sungjin was prepared enough to bring some basics with him, even if they were the wrong size for Wonpil.

While the two of them went to get Wonpil dressed (it took him some time to get used to his muscles) hakyeon began talking to Brian and Jae.

"I can turn you as well, if you want." Hakyeon suggested to Jae, as if that wasn't the most exciting thing Brian had ever heard in his life.

"An apartment was built over my grave though, there's no way we could get to it..." Jae pointed out, and Brian hummed thoughtfully.

Hakyeon seemed to hesitate for a moment, before deciding that he should just say what was on his mind, to help Jae and Brian. "Without a bone, I can still create a pseudo-body. But uh..."

He clearly didn't think it was a good idea.

"Well, you'll basically become a vampire but without all the cool powers. You won't actually be alive, and you shouldn't be out in too much sunlight. You won't be able to eat human food, because your body won't be able to process it. You'll be drinking raw protein and blood, and-"

"No, no, I won't do that." Jae assured the man, who seemed to release a relieved breath at that, visibly relaxing.

"Hey, Hakyeon? Why are you doing this anyway?" Brian pried a little, and Hakyeon smiled sadly.

"The people who can see ghosts are the ghost's soulmate, Bri. You and Jae would have been born to be together, if you were born in different times." Hakyeon explained. "When I died, a man called Taekwoon could see me, and he learned a way to make bodies to bring me back and be with him."

"Oh, that's amazing." Brian was fascinated. This was so cool. "So you can see Jae and Wonpil because you used to be a ghost?"

Hakyeon nodded and continued, "unfortunately Taekwoon died before the technique was perfected, and his family had him cremated, so the bones were irretrievable, but I used his notes and found a way."

"I never knew." Brian put a comforting hand on Hakyeon's shoulder. "I'm sorry to hear that. But thank you so much for everything you're doing. It's really appreciated."

"Look! He's alive!" Sungjin burst in the room, followed by a cute, wobbly man that made Brian grin immediately.

"Welcome to the world." Jae joked, making Wonpil chuckle.

"Now he needs plenty of rest while the cells all settle into place. I would sleep as much as you can over the next day or two, then avoid any strenuous exercises for a week. That includes too much walking about, just try to sit as much as you can. And eat healthy." Hakyeon instructed.

"What about, uh-" Sungjin paused mid-sentence, and Hakyeon laughed.

"I'd save sex for when he's feeling less wobbly. And be gentle."

The four of them left, thanking Hakyeon greatly and offering to cook for him and such, Brian promising they would talk at work. He was really interested in learning more about how Hakyeon did that.

It was the start of a new chapter.