•|8|•

When Brian awoke the best morning, there was no sign of the mysterious ghost. It was a shame. He'd thought of loads of questions he needed answered.

But he decided to get on with his day nevertheless and find Jae after he'd finished his first day at work.

Yes folks, Brian had somehow managed to become a professor in Seoul. He really was moving up in the world.

Of course, this morning was just his induction. He wasn't going to actually teach until the next week.

After a blisteringly hot morning coffee and a struggle with a shirt crease, he packed his lesson notes into a bag and set off for the university, running into Jimin (male) in the street outaide the building, fumbling with his car keys.

"Hey, uh, excuse me? Do you know the quickest way to the university?" Brian asked as politely as he could, and Jimin shone him a bright smile.

"You walk straight forwards and get in my car. I'll give you a lift over there." He offered. "I'm going there anyway."

"Oh really? That's so kind of you." Brian thanked him and climbed in the back of the car, but they didn't go anywhere. He was beginning to get slightly worried, until he saw the apartment complex door open, and female Jimin came running out of the building towards the car, clambering ungracefully in.

"Sorry, I couldn't find my notes." She chuckled, greeting Brian when she noticed he was in the back.

The ride was long. Buildings whizzing confusingly past him in a blur as he lost himself in the urban scenery. When he lived with the others, they were in a small town on the outskirts of Seoul, so he had never needed to go this deep into the city before.

It was both breathtaking and horrifying at the same time.

He really had to live here from now on.

•°•°•°•

"The Dean is just down that corridor." Jimin stopped at the entrance to whatever corridor he was pointing at and smiled at his fellow teacher. "Good luck on your first day, Mr. Kang."

Jimin then presumably bounced off to his physics room, leaving Brian outside the head's office. He felt lime he was about to get in trouble, and he didn't know why.

The corridor seemed endless, yet somehow he was able to walk the length of it in about five steps.

Do Kyungsoo

At least he had a nice sounding name.

Knocking hesitantly, Brian pushed the door open, finding a small man sat at a computer, looking slightly frustrated.

When he looked away from the screen and met eyes with Younghyun, however, his whole face lit up, and he gave a beautiful, heart-shaped smile.

"You must be Kang Younghyun, right?" He motioned to the chair on the other side of his desk.

Mr. Do taught him everything he'd need to know about the expectations of staff members, fire safety and all that kind of thing, before showing him to his department.

Brian followed Kyungsoo up the stairs, until he spotted a sign on the wall reading 'Languages'. Of course Brian was teaching English. He had always been amazing at the English language, especially since living in Canada.

There was seemingly a room for every language in the world; French, Russian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Swedish, the corridor just went on and on...

Meanwhile Kyungsoo had been explaining who all of the coworkers were in this department and what languages they taught, but Brian had gotten so caught up in his excitement that he missed a lot of the names.

Nichkhun was teaching some Scandinavian language, Thai was taught by a guy called Bam Bam because nobody could remember his full name. Momo taught Japanese, Sicheng took Chinese.

That was all that Brian caught before his eyes locked on a room at the end of the corridor with English written on the front. His heart leapt in his chest.

•°•°•°•

Jae had gotten to work as soon as he woke up that morning.

As the protector of this building, he felt that it was his job to go around the building and make sure everyone was okay.

Felix had kicked off is duvet in his sleep, so Jae pushed it back on for him. He moved Hyojong's arm over Hyuna in their sleep to bring them closer together. He sat and listened to Youngjae talking about his plans for the next week.

He even organised and moved Jamie's uni work to make it easier for her to find that morning.

By the time he returned to Brian's flat, the place was empty.

And suddenly Jae felt a sinking feeling. He didn't want Brian to be gone. He spent all of his time helping everyone else in the flat so he didn't get to spend his morning with Brian.

When he realised just how clingy that sounded, Jae almost smacked himself and decided to just help Brian out as well. He wanted to show Brian that he didn't intend on leaving, and that he was going to do everything he could to make sure Brian was happy.

So he set to cleaning.

He really hated that he had a soft spot for the human.