•|13|•

Brian took a deep breath.

He was so nervous for Jae. If this didn't work, the poor ghost would probably be crushed.

He held a bag of rubbish in his hand, to give him an excuse for going outside, and turned to Jae.

The ghost gave a hesitant nod.

The door gave a click as it opened slightly.

The door had never seemed this heavy to Brian as he slowly pushed it open and stepped outside, holding it just long enough for the ghost to step through without it seeming weird.

Jae was able to step on the porch, but he'd done that before. There was a little platform with some steps, and Jae had never been able to get off of the bottom step, so that's where the real challenge laid.

Brian stepped down a couple, turning to see Jae looking terrified. What if he was going to like... disappear or something?

What if his feelings for Brian weren't what he thought they were?

But with the human there giving him a bright, caring smile and quiet words of encouragement, Jae took a deep breathless breath and stepped down from the last step, shutting his eyes tightly in anticipation.

But nothing happened.

Brian stood, wide-eyed as the ghost stared back at him.

He was fine.

There was nothing wrong.

He wasn't hurt even a tiny bit.

Brian tried to hide his grin, in case there was anyone around, so he put the rubbish in the huge bin and turned back towards the house, watching as Jae did a couple of laps around the courtyard. When he got to the corner furthest from Brian, he noticed something weird.

Jae faded.

Just the tiniest bit, but he began to be fainter. He became his normal bubbly self when he got back to Brian, grinning from ear to ear as he stopped.

"Bri it's amazing."

You really are. Brian thought to himself, endeared by the childlike happiness plastered across Jae's face.

"I just realised, since I'm a ghost, I don't get out of breath."

"Wanna go for a jog then? I need to get back in shape." Brian joked, but Jae just nodded eagerly, taking a hold of Brian's hand and dragging him out of the courtyard, beginning a gentle run.

Now, Brian wasn't really out of shape, but after ten straight minutes of jogging up a hill, he really had to stop.

The human bent down, resting his hands on his knees for support and begging whatever was up in the sky above to just let him die now so he didn't have to go through this pain.

Jae had told him to stop being dramatic and earned a death glare.

"Okay, I have a new idea." Brian finally sighed. "I have shopping to do today, let's go do that instead."

Jae looked slightly pouty, but shrugged it off and nodded. "Sounds like fun."

So the two jogged back - it was so much better downhill - and Brian began getting ready to properly go out.

As he stepped out if the shower (the second shower of the day. He hadn't planned on jogging), he caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror.

Brian generally wasn't a very self-confident person.

He wasn't exactly self-conscious either, he just didn't like to brag about himself.

But as he stepped out of the shower and saw his reflection, he couldn't help but break into a smile.

The dark circles around his eyes had faded almost into non-existance, and he looked at least five years younger.

Not to mention he had started building his muscles back up recently, and it was really paying off, especially when he was in such a small towl, with the water droplets coming off of his hair and dripping down his chest-

"Oh my God, are you gonna stare at yourself all day or can we actually go see the world?" Jae called through from the other room, slightly annoyed, but out of excitement. "We get it, you're hot."

"How did you know what I was doing?" Brian frowned, slipping into some clothes. Black skinny jeans and a red shirt seemed enough just for now.

"Because if I was you, I'd be looking at me in a towel." Came Jae's cheeky reply, and Brian had to hold back from yelling at him.

Brian stepped out of the bathroom soon after, hair still slightly damp. He noticed Jae trying desperately not to let his stare linger too long. It was cute when he got all flustered.

"Right." Brian broke the slightly awkward silence, shining a big smile. "Let's go do some shopping."