•|5|•

The actual day of the party came sooner than Younghyun would have liked.

Honestly, he really wasn't prepared. He had no food and no alcohol and barely any music.

But goddamn he was Brian Kang he could pull off anything.

As he sat around on the couch stressing about how the hell he was going to manage this one, an idea came to him.

•°•°•°•

Brie:

Hey you know how youre my best friend

Bob:

Yes.....?

Brie:

Wanna come to my party tonight?

Bob:

Oh, sure!

Brie:

But

Can you pick up some alcohol and some snaccs

Bob:

I don't need to pick up any snaccs

I'm bringing myself

...

Bri?

It's funny because I'm a snacc

Brie:

I'm ignoring that you ever said that smh

But I'll pay you back when you get here

Tell Dowoon he can get whatever pizzas he wants

Tenks xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

•°•°•°•

Thank god, he finally had a plan.

So while Sungjin was out getting the stuff, probably bringing Dowoon to the shops with him, Younghyun set out cleaning his apartment for the six-hundredth time.

There was nothing he hated more than a messy apartment - another reason he was glad to be moving as far away from Dowoon as possible. And even though he was only just moved in, and there hadn't even been a chance for anything to get messy, he was going to get the place even cleaner.

When he was halfway through searching for something that needed cleaning (there was nothing), there was a knock at the door.

The first guest.

Younghyun excitedly opened the door, only to find Sungjin and Dowoon stood in the doorway with way more shopping than Brian could afford.

"I said a couple of things! What's all this?"

"It's going to be a party, right? You need the best of the best." Sungjin attempted to justify the overspending. "Plus Dowoon couldn't pick a pizza."

"For God's sake, come in." He opened the door further and the two men practically fell through the door trying to put down the heavy shopping.

That is, until Dowoon dropped one of the bags, and out spilled...

A new kettle?

"Oh no, oops, what an accident." Dowoon sarcastically said, nudging the large box over to Brian. "Oh no look I've accidentally given you a new kettle as part of your housewarming gift."

"Oh guys you didn't have to get me anything." Younghyun chuckled as he picked it up. "Oh! It's just like the one we had back at yours!"

"To remind you of our early morning coffee conversations." Sungjin grinned. It had become a tradition if none of them were busy to sit around and chat a load of crap. Brian's favourite was their conversation about whether fish can sneeze. It was always random stuff like that which used to brighten his mornings.

"Thanks guys. When I boil it, I'll phone you guys and we can continue the tradition." He promised.

"Great, deal." Sungjin nodded. "Right, we're gonna put this stuff in the kitchen."

He gently took the kettle from a nostalgic Younghyun and the two men made their way into the kitchen.

"Cute." A voice spoke from the doorway, and Younghyun could almost hear Jae's smirk.

He looked up to see the blond man stood in his still-open doorway. "Did you need- whoah."

Jae stopped talking, looking to a spot over Younghyun's shoulder. "Uh, Bri? Weird question. Has your friend Sungjin ever mentioned a-"

Before Jae could finish his sentence, Dowoon wandered back into the room loudly shouting "hyung we broke the kettle!"

And when Brian turned back to Jae, he was gone.

•°•°•°•

The party went smoothly.

Felix had been hanging around in the kitchen sadly, until Brian told him that he wouldn't tell if the boy had a little drink. He quickly became giggly, and quite the socialite. Usually, the boy wouldnt leave his room unless he had to, so it was good to see him getting out and about.

Hyuna and Hyojong were all over each other once they'd had some wine each. It was like they never argued. Usually they'd be with their friends instead of each other, so again it was great to see some change.

Unfortunately, Jimin and Jimin were all over each other as well, and all of the other residents had to pretend not to see the student and her lecturer together.

Youngjae spent a lot of time talking to Brian. Just getting to know little things about him and telling him about his life.

If Brian was being honest, Youngjae was totally flirting with him, but he had his eyes on Jae and wasn't going to give in just yet.

But Jae...

We'll he'd been at the party. Brian had seen him a couple of times around, watching over Felix or chatting with Sungjin and Dowoon, but the two never spoke throughout the party, until Brian was way too drunk and too far gone to remember what was said.

And that was how the night ended.

People either went back to their rooms or passed out right there in Brian's house, leaving him a lot to clean up in the morning.