20 - Breaker

-

-

I ran after Taeyong as he stormed into his room. I lightly knocked on the door. No answer.

"Taeyong?" I said softly through the door. It slowly opened.

"Are you ok?"

Stupid question Eunji, so stupid.

"Yes," he replied, his voice wavering slightly.

"I know you're not."

He just looked me in the eyes in response, I couldn't quite read them.

"You should go get ready for your date with Kai," he weakly smiled at me.

"I don't want to."

His eyes looked tearful when he heard me speak.

"But you have to."

"Well I won't."

"Eunji, you've got to."

"I won't," I said defiantly.

"But Eunji, your father."

His words slightly scared me but I wasn't about to back down now.

"He can honestly just piss off at this point, I've fed up of him and his massive ego ruining my life."

Taeyong suppressed a chuckle before becoming serious again.

"Eunji, you need to do what your father tells you to, I don't think you realise what he's capable of, he could really hurt you."

I sighed and walked slightly closer to Taeyong.

"Let him."

He just stared into my eyes, knowing he couldn't change my mind this time.

"I don't want you to get hurt though," he said, his voice a whisper.

"And I don't want to hurt you, so I'm not going out with Kai," I said putting my hand on his shoulder.

"Eunji, please don't worry about my feelings."

"What if I want to?" I said staring deeply into his eyes. I gently leaned in and placed my lips onto his before retreating slowly. His lips instantly went to mine, greedy for more, I returned the kiss. His hands held my waist as mine held his face lightly-

"Err, sorry to interrupt but Kai's here," Yuta said as he walked in, looking really awkward. I couldn't even look at Taeyong so I just walked straight out of the room.

I went to the front door to come face to face with a smirking Kai.

"You look like you've been ran over," he said to me, looking at my disheveled attire. What did he expect? I only woke up an hour ago.

"I'm not coming out today," I just reply bluntly, uninterested in his games. He just frowned at me slightly, looking at my lips.

"Your lips look red."

"I chew my lips in my sleep," I said trying to cover them with my hands. If he found out I kissed Taeyong, then my father would and that was bad news. I could not let that happen.

"Go get dressed, we're going shopping," he said to me.

"No."

"Yes"

"NO, why would I go shopping when my life's in danger???"

"Because you need a makeover."

"I hate you."

"What's going on here?" My father walked up behind Kai, appearing out of nowhere.

"Nothing, I'm just telling Eunji to get ready," Kai said. I was surprised he actually covered for me. He just looked at me with wide eyes, urging me to move.

"I'll be back as soon as I can," I said rushing inside and darting to my room. I scrambled through the drawers, they were actually full of clothes, to my surprise. It was prepared for me coming here, which slightly worried me since it was a safe house of sorts - it meant someone expected me to have to come here, expected me to be in danger.

I just put on a simple knee length dress and tried to sort my hair out. When I looked in the mirror my lips were slightly pink, but not obviously, I hoped. I went to get my phone but realised I didn't have it. It was at the other house.

I paced into the sitting room area to find my father, Kai and NCT sat down. My father was laughing at something before everyone turned to me.

"Er I'm ready," I said towards my father and Kai. Everyone stood up.

"Don't tell me everyone's coming?"

"Your father, me and a Taeyong are going with you and everyone else is going to scatter, just in case," Kai explained to me.

"I'm an important person Eunji," my father smirked at me, proud or something. I couldn't understand why he'd be proud of being a criminal but whatever floats your boat.

I then backtracked a few seconds and realised Taeyong was coming with us. With me and Kai. I didn't even know what me and Taeyong were but I knew that I couldn't act suspicious in front of my father. Just stay quiet and keep my head down, that would work, right?

We all left the house and climbed into cars parked in the drive, all suvs with black tinted windows. I was going shopping with Taeyong, my father and my future husband. Okay. Alright. Fine.

******************************