09 - Ten o clock

-

-

After getting ready for school, my mum caught me on the way out.

"Eunji, guess who's back."

"W-What?" I looked over at my mum, worried she knew about dad, my palms were sweating as a tear formed in my eye.

"Go look outside," my mum said with an emotionless face.

I trembled as I took the door know and twisted it to open the door and there stood in front of me...

"Eunji!"

"Ten!"

I cried as I hugged my childhood best friend. He moved away a year ago but I smiled as I smelled his familiar scent. 

"Eunji, guess what, guess what, I'm going to school here as well! Isn't that the best news you've ever heard in your life?"

I smiled as we broke the hug and I wiped away my tears of happiness.

"That's great news Ten."

I looked back at my mother smiling at us both as she ushered us to go to school.

When we reached the corner I almost bumped into Johnny.

"Eunji, I'm here to walk you to school."

Johnny went wide eyed as he noticed the boy beside me. Ten looked at him and smiled as I struggled to speak in the situation.

"Hi, I'm Eunji's friend, Chittaphon Leechaiyapornku, but you can call me Ten," he said with a wink. I'm pretty sure I saw Johnny blush slightly as he scratched his neck.

"I'm Johnny, also Eunji's friend, mind if I walk with you guys?"

"Of course not, come on Eunji." Ten said as he linked arms with Johnny and me and set off. I giggled at Johnny's reaction to the person he met a minute ago suddenly linking arms with him. Ten was always the sociable one.

When we entered school Johnny kindly said goodbye to us and went to his first class. I took out water from my bag to take a sip.

"So, Eunji, do you like him?"

I spluttered on my water as I looked at Ten in shock.

"Noo way, he's just a friend," little did Ten know he was assigned to watch over me, along with the rest of NCT.

"Shame, he's cute."