17 - Goodbyes

-

-

Jaehyun and Taeyong took it upon themselves to cook dinner. I asked why people weren't hired to do it, turned out no one can be trusted so only the groups such as NCT are actually allowed in this house. That means all the cooking and cleaning is down to them and on top of that they have to do their actual jobs. Talk about unfair.

I was sat with WinWin and Yuta on the sofa watching Netflix whilst waiting, I offered to help but apparently no one was allowed in the kitchen whilst they were cooking.

"Hey, Eunji I have something to tell you," WinWin said to me with a twinge of sadness in his voice.

"What is it?" I looked at him, concerned about what he needed to say.

"I'm leaving the house for a while."

"What do you mean, like for a mission or something?" I asked, confused.

"I've been assigned to some overseas business with WayV, I'll be going to China for a couple of months."

WinWin looked like he was on the verge of crying as I stared at him. I couldn't believe he had to leave, he was one of my good friends in NCT and now he had to leave. I didn't understand why.

I was at a loss for words, saddened by what was happening. I was processing what he said for a good few moments before my thoughts were interrupted by someone.

"WinWin, what the hell do you think you're doing?"

Ten walked in and all eyes went to him as he strode over to WinWin, clearly angry.

"I'm sorry Ten, I had to tell her," he broke down a few tears streaming down his face.

"What's your problem Ten, he was just saying goodbye," I said, feeling the need to defend the crying boy next to me.

"Eunji, I didn't want to tell you til tomorrow, when we had to leave," Ten replied, his face softening, his anger completely gone.

"Wait, what do you mean we?"

Ten came over and crouched in front of me. Yuta quietly moved over to comfort WinWin.

"Eunji, I have to go aswell, I have to leave with WinWin."

That's when all the tears came out. I cried so hard as Ten took me into his arms. I couldn't believe that he was leaving when he only just came back to me. Him and WinWin were the people I were closest to here and they're both leaving.

Ten took a step back and wiped my tears from my face as I tried to calm myself down. I looked over at an upset WinWin with Yuta holding him and then back to Ten in front of me. His eyes were wet aswell.

"Eunji, I'm so sorry but it's my job, you know I would stay with you if I could, I promise I tried."

"Don't worry, it's not like I'm all alone, I'll just miss you and WinWin," I said as I gathered myself and stopped crying. I didn't want to make this situation more painful than it already was.

"I'll miss them too Eunji," Yuta looked at me as we shared a look of mutually understanding. He was losing them as much as I was, if not more, they were brothers. His arm was still protectively around WinWin.

"We have to leave tomorrow."

I nodded in reply to Ten trying to not break down again.

"We'll say goodbye tonight because we have to leave early tomorrow."

I nodded again, trying desperately not to cry.

I turned to WinWin first. I looked into his eyes and smiled.

"Thanks for always being nice to me," I said as I hugged him and he tightly hugged me back.

"Anytime," he replied, more tears running down his face. Yuta gently pried him away and walked him out the room to leave me and Ten.

"Before we say goodbye shall I show you your new room?"

I nodded, holding his hand as he lead my down the corridor.

He opened the door and we walked into the massive room. The room that would be mine for the foreseeable future. It was nice but I couldn't concentrate knowing I had to part with Ten. He had always been my best friend, it didn't matter to me that he was a part of NCT, I loved him the same.

"Eunji, these drawers are full of clothes by the way, I tried to choose clothes you'd wear."

"Thank you," I said as I smiled painfully. He looked over at me.

"Ten, I really don't want you to go," I started crying again.

"It's ok, I know," he embraced me again. We just held each other for a few minutes, both crying into each other's shoulders.

I broke the hug and stopped crying, I was determined not to keep doing it. I could manage a few months. I tried to get it together.

"I hope you enjoy China, take pictures if you can so you can tell me about your adventures."

"Of course Eunji, I'll tell you everything when I come back, and you gotta look after Taeyong for me."

"Me?"

"Yeah, he's gonna miss me real bad and he's more emotional than you think so you better take care of him," he grinned.

I laughed at a smiling Ten in front of me.

"Sure."

"You better get some sleep," Ten started walking me to the bed.

"But I want to spend time with you," I stopped and grabbed his arms.

"I'm not going anywhere, for now at least."

We both laid down and I cried into his shoulder as we both eventually fell asleep in each other's arms. In that fleeting moment I felt at peace.

******************************