13 - Wife

-

-

A reassuring presence walked up next to me.

Taeyong.

He let me know he was there without even speaking, I was internally grateful.

Another person came to my other side - Yuta, he took my hand and put it through his arms, linking them with mine.

"Ready?"

I stared up at the beautiful boy beside me, his wide smile relaxing me. My arm relaxed on his as we walked forward. A few weeks ago I would never have dreamed that I would think of Yuta as a close friend.

My eyes scanned around, everyone was dressed in floor length gowns and suits, the whole room decorated with lights and expensive decor. I looked around at the beautifully dressed people in front of me, deceiving since they were all probably criminals.

As we walked ahead, everyone's eyes went to us. It was either because I was Lee Sooman's daughter or that I was surrounded by 9 really attractive men. Probably both to be honest.

Amongst the crowd, towards the side of the massive room, I saw Jaemin and 4 other young looking boys, I assumed the rest of the trainees.

"Want to meet them?" Jaehyun looked at me and then over to the trainees.

"Sure," I smiled gratefully back at him, I knew he was trying to distract me.

As we made our way over the crowd parted, the attention on us. I awkwardly hid behind NCT, not wanting anyone to look at me. We reached the side of the room after what felt like an eternity.

"Eunji, this is Jaemin, who you've met before and these are Jeno, Renjun, Jisung and Chenle."

The young boys eyes were filled with innocence as they looked at me. I scanned over their faces, trying to remember their names.

"And who is she?" The boy introduced as Renjun said bluntly.

"It's Lee Eunji."

"Oh." Renjun looked downwards afterwards, regretting what he said. Chenle nudging him in the ribs slightly and muttering something in what I thought was chinese. I smiled lightly at their exchange.

"Evening, Eunji."

My head darted around to meet my father smugly grinning. I inched forward a few steps to stand in front of WinWin, not that I could protect him but I could try.

"You look beautiful," he said as he nodded at the boys then took my hand and led me away from the safety of the side wall and further into the centre, leaving NCT behind us. I looked behind me and swore I saw Jaehyun holding Taeyong's arm, stopping him from coming after us. I met his eyes and he looked at me with agony. I couldn't watch anymore so I turned away and concentrated on where my father was taking me. What the hell was Taeyong playing at, is he trying to get himself killed?

My father walked me over to a tall attractive brunette man, dressed impeccably.

"Eunji, I want you to meet someone, this is Kai."

He was incredibly attractive with dark brown hair and full round lips.

"Eunji, nice to meet you," he half smiled with a daring look in his eye. His eyes travelled up and down my body.

"I'll leave you two lovebirds to get to know each other," My father said as he strode away. Ew, what a creep.

"Eunji, you are beautiful," he whispered into my ear. Woah too soon.

"Thanks," I said as I lightly pushed him away, trying my best to play nice. He just chuckled in response.

"Your little boy toys won't stop staring at us you know."

I looked behind at NCT and every one of them had their eyes set on me and Kai.

"They're assigned to protect me, that's all," I frowned back at Kai.

"Well don't get too attached, I want my wife all to myself, besides EXO can protect you," he winked at me and snaked his arm around my waist. I bet every other girl on the planet would swoon at this action but I was disgusted.

"Excuse me, I need to use the bathroom," I politely said as I escaped his grasp not even bothering to ask who or what EXO was, I didn't even want to know at this point.

"I miss you already," he sang out after me as I hurriedly walked away.

I was wandering down a random hallway, trying to find a bathroom but I ended up getting completely lost. I was drawn to a slightly open door. Inside were cabinets lining the walls, curious, I opened one and picked up one of the many files. Kim Dongyoung. Wait, Doyoung? I looked at the picture attached to the file, definitely him. I read:

Full Name: KIM DONGYOUNG

Field name: DOYOUNG

Talents: KNIFE THROWING

Knife throwing? Really? I was surprised, thinking about the shy boy. I put his file away, not wanting to invade his privacy even more than I already did. Before I shut the drawer something caught my eye.

Is that Ten's name?

I looked upon the file and it was definitely him, my mouth widened in horror. Who was he? Why was his file here with the rest of NCT?

"Eunji."

I spun around to face where the voice was coming from.

******************************