16 - Games

-

-

"Eunji, you okay?"

I looked over at Ten and his sympathetic face and completely broke down. The tears wouldn't stop and I felt comforting arms hug me tight.

"It's ok Eunji, it's ok."

I was surprised to hear Taeyong's voice as I buried my head into his chest, tears dripping onto his shirt.

I felt Ten on the other side of me, comfortingly stroking my arm.

I managed to compose myself and wiped my face, backing off from Taeyong's arms. I regretted it instantly.

"I'm fine, it's just hard, I'm having my life planned out for me and there's nothing I can do about it and don't even get me started on how much of a bitch Lily is."

The two boys sat next to me both sunk into the sofa, their neck and head resting on the back of it, mirroring my position.

"Life's pretty shit," Ten said as he held my hand.

"Second that," Taeyong said, holding my other hand. I couldn't believe that the two boys that were in a gang were here holding my hands talking about how crap life is. I squeezed their hands and rose to my feet to stand in front of them both.

"So what are we going to do today?"

They smiled at each other and got up practically running out of the door, me chasing after them.

We reached a large sitting room with NCT lounged everywhere, covering all the sofas. I went and sat with WinWin and patted his head and he fake frowned at me, scrunching his nose.

"So, Eunji is staying with us in this house for the meantime so play nice. And protect her of course," Ten briefed them as I awkwardly sat there. Everyone was silent.

"Let's play hide and seek then" his eager voice interrupted the dead air. Everyone groaned in response but started to stand up, no one could argue with Ten.

"Ten I swear to god this is the last time," Johnny rolled his eyes at a smiling Ten. I remembered their fake encounter a few days ago and laughed in my head. They knew each other the whole time.

"Count to 60 this time not 10," Haechan said as he walked out of the room. Everyone was following, slowly going to find somewhere to hide.

"Eunji, come with me, I have the best spots to hide," WinWin grinned at me.

"Sure."

He lead me out of the hallway and we started running down it as we heard Ten start to count, WinWin ran really fast and I mean fast. I struggled to keep up with him as we rounded multiple corners. I ended up losing him after the next one.

"WinWin?"

I peeked around every corner, trying to find him. I had no way of knowing where I was and this house was pretty big.

A hand suddenly grabbed me and pulled me into a door as I started to kick away. My elbow met the person's ribs.

"Shit...ow." I looked at a crouched figure hugging his torso.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry Taeyong."

"You are a pain in the ass Eunji, I just saved you from Ten and this is how you repay me?"

"Sorry," I smiled sheepishly at him.

"At least I know you can protect yourself," he said whilst rubbing his rib. Whoops.

Our heads both turned to the door as we heard Ten's voice. I was in some sort of closet, cleaning supplies lined the walls. I was backing up as I heard Ten's voice get closer until I hit against something, or someone - Taeyong. I was about to apologise until his hand snaked over my mouth, hushing me.

I could feel his breath on the back of my neck, his soft hands still over my lips. My body temperature was rising, heat reaching my face in the form of a blush. I wanted to run out of the door but at the same time I wanted to move closer to him. He confused the hell out of me.

After a solid minute he removed his hand and I backed away slowly and turned to face him, was he blushing? I couldn't quite see because of the dim lighting but he looked completely flustered.

"Sorry, I didn't want to get caught, I'm competitive," he chuckled slightly, composing himself.

"Thanks for saving me," I smiled at him.

"So what do we do know?" I broke the awkward silence.

"We could go raid Johnny's snack supply," Taeyong replied with a mischievous glint in his eye and a half smile.

"Let's go."

Turns out we were the last ones to be found by Ten and everyone congratulated us as we went back to the living room. WinWin apologised for running off, clearly he got too carried away.

It made me forget for a couple of hours why I was here, even if it was just hide and seek. I internally thanked Ten.

******************************