11 - Arrangement

-

-

A tap on my shoulder woke me up.

"Eunji, time to go."

I looked up at Taeyong as he leant over me, trying to wake me up. His breath lightly tickled my face as I tried not to blush at such an attractive man being that close to me. I realised we were here as I felt nauseous when I looked at the familiar house in front of me.

I got out of the car after Taeyong moved away, I was barely able to stand after just waking up. Either that or it was my nerves.

I looked over at Yuta and Taeil, they looked nervous too. Taeyong just looked straight ahead and started walking, me behind then followed by the others.

Taeyong knocked lightly on the door.

"She's here."

The door immediately opened to show a young boy with light pink hair. His face broke into a smile.

"Taeyong!"

"Hi, Jaemin, can we come through, we have Eunji."

His eyes shot to me and back to a stern Taeyong as they exchanged knowing glances. He let us through.

"Jaemin is training to be part of NCT along with a few others," Yuta spoke into my ear from behind. I nodded in reply, too scared to speak.

We all went inside following the pink haired boy named Jaemin.

"Eunji, you're very pretty," someone said from a distance, I blushed at Jaemin's compliment as he lead the way. Taeyong shook his head in response.

We reached a room on the right and Jaemin stood aside as Taeyong entered the room.

"Ah, Taeyong, did you bring her?"

"Yes, sir."

I was half hid behind Taeyong, but I could still recognise my father's voice.

Taeyong's hands went behind him to my arms and gripped them, lightly pulling me around from behind him to face my father. Taeyong looked at me regretfully and went out of the room.

In front of me was a large oak desk, and behind it, my father. The shelves around the room were lined with books, something I would have appreciated if I wasn't scared to death.

"Eunji, sweetie, how have you been?"

"Fine."

He raised his eyebrows at my tone but let it slide.

"I have great news, I've found you a husband."

"What?" I uttered in disbelief. Surely he didn't just say that.

"I know you're young but you can get to know him now and get married in a year or two."

"What makes you think you can suddenly come into my life and decide that for me?" My voice wavered with anger as I started to get louder.

"Well, you're the heir of SM so I need a reliable, married, couple to take over when I unfortunately pass away in the distant future. Plus I've known him for years and he is perfect for you."

"No fucking way."

"I'd watch that tone or I might get angry and have to lash out again."

I instantly shut up, painfully reminded of Taeyong's injury.

"You'll meet him on Saturday at my annual celebration of SM's success." He smiled triumphantly as I stood there shaking with anger, yet I was helpless.

"Oh and if you don't show and play nice, I'll kill WinWin."

I thought of his innocent face and wanted to sob, somehow he knew I had a soft spot for WinWin and used it against me. I had found out just how ruthless my father was and I was scared.

"So what do you think?" My father asked me as I stood, grounded to the spot.

"S-sounds fun." I faked a smile.

"Great." He clapped his hands together as he got up, I jumped in shock. He went behind me and opened the door. Taeyong stumbled through the doorway, shocked at the man standing in front of him.

"I'll be going now," I said as I hurriedly grabbed Taeyong and tried to run out of the door.

"Stop."

We both stopped dead in our tracks.

"Taeyong, I'm feeling nice, but don't you ever do that again, don't you know it's rude to eavesdrop?"

Taeyong bowed his head submissively, "Sorry sir."

I was saddened by the sight in front of me, Taeyong did not deserve this treatment, I hated my father so much.

After a few seconds of silence, Taeyong was abruptly thrown into the wall behind, by my father's hands. He lunged after the poor boy.

I screamed.

"No, no, stop it, please I beg," I gripped onto my father's hands, trying to prise them away from Taeyong's collar.

"Sorry, sweetie, discipline is everything."

Taeyong slumped to the ground, gasping for breath as I stood in between him and my father. He began to walk away from us both before he turned around and smiled.

"Make sure you bring the NCT members with you on Saturday, just in case." He then disappeared through another door and I breathed with relief.

Taeyong.

I turned around and crouched down next to the barely conscious boy.

"I'm fine," he muttered through pale lips. He should have fought back, I knew he could but he chose not to.

"I'm so sorry Taeyong," I cried as I put my hands to his cheeks and stroked them lightly, my fingers slipping over his scar. Wet tears drenched my face as I looked at the poor boy. He acted so strong, but here in front of me he looked utterly vulnerable.

"What the hell happened here Eunji?"

I looked up at Yuta and Taeil with a scared Jaemin behind them.

"My father," I said through clenched teeth.

******************************