Chapter Nine

I take my shoes and socks of, putting my shoes by the front door and my socks in the empty washer to await more dirty clothes and hang my jacket and suit blazer up on the hooks by the front door then lay back down on the cold leather, letting it cool my hot skin through my remaining clothes.
I pull the brown throw over me from the other sofa and settle under it, and close my eyes.
I lay like that for a few minutes, but no difference comes over my mind or body; I’m not tired yet.
Giving up, I push the throw off me and stand up in the darkened room, padding over to the lamp and turn it on to a dim setting.
I stand there in silence for ages, staring at nothing; I do this a lot, my mind just goes blank and I space out, it happens when I have something on my mind.
Shaking my head I sit on the arm chair and rest my elbow on my leg and my chin on my fist.
I can’t get her out of my mind!

I groan out loud.
Why is she so interesting to me, everything she did tonight kept me on my toes, how she so suddenly came out of her shyness and tight shell and acted like a young immature teenager.
She even opened up to me and told me some things about her, granted she wouldn’t tell me exactly why she disliked my family.
I wonder if she’s asleep.
My voice of reason panicked at where my thoughts were going; what are you doing?! It screamed at me, but I was already on my feet and heading towards my bedroom.
I placed my ear gently against my door and listened, but heard nothing, so I slowly turned the door handle, careful to not make any noise, and stepped into my room.

 She was curled up in a ball under my duvet, pulling it tightly to her, covering her whole body apart from her face, which should have been a clear relaxed mask, but instead she was squinting her eyes hard and her mouth was pulled into a troubled line.
She looked angry and scared.
For a second I wondered if she was still awake, but she let out a soft sigh and mumbled something I couldn’t understand.
I silently sat myself into my desk chair and turned it to face her, I could see her perfectly from the moonlight shining in from the glass wall.
She looked amazing even like this.
“Don’t…” My heart stopped beating and my breath halt in my throat, thinking she had woken but she just rolled over onto her back, stretching out her limbs and pushing the cover off of her a little, to reveal one of my plain white t-shirts.
I smirked despite myself, she looked cute in my clothes.
“Please…” Her face screwed up again. “No..”
Was she having a nightmare?
Sympathy grew through me, I’ve only ever had one nightmare before that I can remember, my family lay dead at my feet and I’m holding a bloody knife.
“Help me!” I snap out of my thoughts at Lily’s panicked scream, but she is still fast asleep, though her face is contorted with sleeping fear.
I don’t know what to do?!
She starts to shake softly, wrapping her arms around herself.
Don’t touch her! My voice of reason scolds me, but I’m already out of my chair and hovering over the bed.
Should I?
Shouldn’t I?
Why do I feel so protective of her all of a sudden?
‘”I fell in love with your mother the moment she fell into my office for an interview.”’ My dad’s voice fills my head.
Oh shut up, that is nothing like this!
I groan inwardly, unable to take it any longer when Lily lets out a choked sound and very carefully lower myself onto my bed next to her and ever so gently place my arm around her and pull her towards me, making sure not to wake her.
Lily stiffens when I have her beside me, and I think she’s awakened, but a second later she mumbles again and sighs and relaxes under my arm, turns around and throws one arm over my stomach and rests her head on my chest, and pulls in a deep breath, then lets it out in another sigh, fast asleep.
I keep my arm around her, supporting her against me.

What am I doing? What if she wakes up like this and freaks out?
Oh god, we’ve known each other barely five minutes and I’m already sneaking into bed with her!
She was having a nightmare… the voice reasons.
Yes, she was. What about?
I tighten my arm a little, and look down at her sleeping face that I can just see, but her face is at complete ease, no worry or fear on it.
Maybe I’m helping?
I rest my chin on her head, smelling her soft hair; it smells like vanilla, my favourite smell.
I close my eyes and relax, letting sleep come, finally feeling tired.

The light of the early morning sun wakes me from my deep sleep and I wonder for a second where I am, feeling legs entangled with my own and someone lying across my chest, arms holding me close.
I look down sleepily and remember Lily; she’s still fast asleep, cuddled up to me with my arm still around her.
I look over to the clock, its half five in the morning, I said I would drop Lily off at home for six.
I carefully pull myself free of her, making sure not to wake her and gently lay her down on the bed, putting a pillow where I was to support her head, then silently leave the room.
That was the most peaceful sleep I have ever had…

I turn the kettle on and start making coffee when I hear my bedroom door open and my heart starts racing.
What the fuck?
“Morning.” Lily yawns, walking into the living room and sees me in the kitchen.
“Good morning, do you want a coffee?” I ask, and she nods, coming over to sit on one of the bar stools.
I notice she is still wearing one of my t-shirts, which is long enough to cover her butt, but when she sits I notice a pair of black boxer shorts and I raise my eye brow at her.
“What?” She asks when she notices me.
I nod at her body and she blushes.
“Sorry, I didn’t think you would mind, your sisters pyjamas felt weird, I couldn't get comfortable in them…” She trails off.
I laugh. “No, I don’t mind, you look cute.” I say, feeling weirdly confident with her.
She blushes again but can’t keep the smile from her face.
“How did you sleep?” I ask when I hand her a cup of hot coffee.
She takes a sip and smiles, “Really well actually, a little rough at the beginning, I kept waking up and falling back asleep, but that’s normal for me, but then I just fell into a really deep sleep, no dreams or anything!” She says proudly.
No nightmares you mean.
“Good to hear.” I smirk.
“What about you?” She asks, drinking more.
“Best night’s sleep I’ve had in while.” I say.
“Must be your apartment.” She laughs.
Or each other.
“Do you still want me to drop you off at the dorms?” I ask, the clock says its five to six.
Lily nods and finishes her coffee and places the cup down on my counter.
“I’ll go get dressed quick.” She says standing up, I frown at her. “You’re going to put your dress back on?” I ask and she nods.
“Keep those on, there’s no pointing changing into that dress again just to change once you get in.”
“But I can’t walk outside like this?” She says waving her arms at her bare legs, which, now that I looked at them, were very sexy.
I walked past her and into my room and bring out a pair of my pyjama trousers and throw them at her.
She grins and tugs them on, having to roll them over several times at the waist to keep them in place.
“Very nice.” I smirk at her, she looked so cute in my clothes…

I drive us to the college dorms, and pull up right outside the door at ten past six.
“There you are Miss Heirs, door to door service.” I smirk at her.
“Thank you Jay, really, I appreciate it.” She says sincerely.
“Oh look, a flying pig.” I say nonchalantly looking out her window and she laughs and hits my arm softly.
“Shut up, I’m not that bad!” She laughs making me join in.
“You’re welcome.” I finally reply and smile at her.
She blushes and opens her car door.
“Thanks for letting me borrow these too.” She says, meaning my clothes. “Another thing I owe you for.” She says. I frown, does she think she owes me for everything I do for her?
“Well, I’ll keep that in mind next time I have the fancy of wearing a girls clothes to bed.” I grin and she giggles.
“See you later, Jay.” She says as she walks off to the dorms, allowing me to watch her go.
Her butt looks nice in my pyjamas…
I wave when she turns to wave at me just as she’s going through the doors.
Well, that was an interesting night…

So, I go on holiday tomorrow, and just to keep you guys happy I have put off packing so I could write this for you!! 
But no more until Im back I'm afraid :)
Hope you like this chapter, it's a little short but kinda cute <3
Comment, vote and all that nice stuff, I love reading them!
Thanks for all your support and demands of new chapters hehe, keeps me writing! <3