Chapter Twenty One - Final

• Dedicated to Everyone who has followed Jason and Lily to the end

“Why would she be with Mason?” Ted asked, knowing just as well as I did that Mason was probably the last person Lily would want to be around.

So why did she call him?

“I don’t know, but we have to find them before Mason does something stupid.” I ground out, feeling the anger bubble deep inside, thinking over the things I would do if he touched her.

“Do you think it was him who handed her phone in?” Ted asks.

“I guess so, but why would he do that?” I questioned; what would be the point?

“Mind games.” Taylor piped in when we fell silent. “He is playing with you; he knows you will be looking for her, and he wants to enjoy it.”

Just then, Lily’s phone buzzed in my clenched hand, and my heart beat harder.

I quickly unlocked it and opened the text, feeling the urge to throw up when I saw the name pop up.

“Mason.” I say when Ted turns to look at the phone.

“What does it say?” He asks.

“Back where all her insanity began.” I said.

“What the fuck does that mean?” Ted says.

I shake my head; back where all her insanity began?

“She isn’t insane!” I hear myself growl.

“What do you think it could mean?” Taylor asks, I notice he is just circling the city, waiting for us to make our mind up on which direction to go.

I sit in thought for a moment, but it might as well have been hours, each second was the difference between Lily being with him, and being safe with me, I had to make those seconds count.

Where it began.

Her insanity.

Back where it began.

What was he talking about! I have no time for his stupid fucking riddles!

I was getting ready to punch a hole in my car door when it hit me.

Back where her insanity began.

Her mom committing suicide right in front of her.

“I know where she is.” I suddenly say.

“Where?” Both Taylor and Ted almost shout at me.

Her old house.

But where was it?

“I don’t know.” I admit.

Ted turns to glare at me, obviously thinking I was wasting time and being stupid.

“I mean I don’t know where it is; I think she’s at her old house but I don’t know where that is.”

“Do you know anyone who does?” Taylor asks.

I nod, pulling my phone out and dialling Alaric’s number.

Please answer…

I tried four times but no answer.

“What are we going to do now?” Ted asks when he notices.

I shake my head.

He was the only one I know who could tell me where the house was.

Or was he?

The person I had in mind was a desperate measure and I wasn’t sure If I’m willing to take it.