Chapter Seven

Okay, so last chapter was a little crap.. I admit to that!! :P 
But here is Chapter Seven, I was gonna make it longer but I decided to just keep it to this so next chapter had an opening for me :)
Anyway, enjoy, comment, vote and what not!
Oh, and notice how I posted this in ONE DAY!!! :D Not a week, or two weeks later, ONE DAY!!!!!!!
Ahem... Read away...  

At exactly half past seven I’m waiting outside the dorm building waiting for Lily to come out.
I don’t have her number to text her and tell her I’m waiting so I hope she comes out, and doesn’t stand me up.
Six minutes after half past the main door opens and there she is.
Wow.
She looks beautiful, wearing a floor length black v neck dress that sweeps in the wind as she walks towards the car.
And she said she didn’t have a dress suitable?

“You look amazing.” I say when she lowers herself into my car.
She smiles at me and looks down my body then back up.
“You clean up nicely too, but I expect nothing less from a Grey.” She replies.
“I’ll take that as a compliment this time.” I smirk and start driving.
“Where is the dinner?” She asks when she notices im heading for the boarders of the city.
“The Alicresto Hotel.” I inform her and her mouth forms an O shape. “What?” I probe.
“The Alicresto Hotel is like, the most expensive hotel in new Hampshire.” She laughs.
“Did you expect anything less?” I tease.
“No, I didn’t.” She laughs.
“Don’t complain then.” I say.
“Did you hear me complaining?” She counters and laughs.
“Not yet.” I mutter and smirk.
This was so easy, the conversation just flew.
“What time will it finish do you think?” She asks.
“I’m expecting about nine, half past maybe, but I want to take you somewhere after, a surprise.” I tell her.
“A surprise? Why?” She looks wary and untrusting.
“Don’t worry, alright?” I say, pulling into the Alicresto Hotel and driving towards the valet strip.
I pass the keys to the boy who is waiting for my car and wait for Lily to reach me after another staff member opens her door.
“Ready?” I ask and hold out my arm for her to take, which she finally does, feeling out of place at the Hotel, much like myself, I hated coming to these kind of events.

I am greeted by a few business men I recognize when we walk out of the lift on the sixth floor at the dining suit.
“Jason Grey, how nice to see you!” An elderly gentleman says, clapping my shoulder.
“Mark, you too.” I smile.
“Mr Grey.” Another man, about thirty years old holds out his hand for me to shake.
I take it and shake it surely. “I’m James Hadelen.” He introduces himself.
“Nice to meet you.” I say.
A few others are waiting in the lobby as well but I make no effort to say hello.
“How have you been Jason?” Mark asks me; out of all the people here, he was the one I was most familiar with, he had worked with my father for quite a few years and I had met him at a business event when I was younger.
“I’ve been great thank you; I started my first year at Dartmouth the other day.” I tell him.
“Wonderful! And who is this young lady?” He asks, looking beside me.
“Oh, excuse me, this is Lillian Heirs, a friend of mine.” I tell him.
Lily holds out her hand and Mark shakes it, smiling warmly at her.
“Wonderful to meet you Miss Heirs, I hope you don’t get too bored tonight; you know how these meetings tend to go.” He says with a booming laugh and Lily joins in with her soft giggle.

The door to the dining suit is opened and we file in to take our seats.
I pull Lily’s one out for her and slide it in as she sits down then sit down beside her.
“That was very gentlemanly.” She points out to me as everyone sits at the long table.
“I am a gentleman.” I say and she snorts a laugh.
“I couldn’t really say you were a lady though.” I tease and she laughs.

The man of the hour walks into the room and greets everyone, I recognize him instantly as an old friend of my mothers.
“Jose!” I call when he looks right at me.
“Jason! Good to see you, although I was under the impression it would be your father here to take the contract and celebrate with us.” He says.
“He had other arrangements.” I inform him.
“Very well, welcome.” He grins.
He comes to sit beside me as everyone starts their own conversations.
“I didn’t know it was you who my father was doing business with.” I say to him.
“I never thought I would, but he and your mother made me an offer I couldn’t refuse, so now, my photography business is part of Grey Enterprises.” He grins.
“I didn’t think artists were sell outs.” I hear Lily mutter from beside me, Jose looks past me at her.
“You are?” He asks kindly.
“This is Lillian Heirs; she’s on the same art course as me.” I say.
“Well Miss Heirs, most artists aren’t, but in this growing world, art is losing its status, we need to make ends meet somehow.” He tells her, Lily stays quiet.
“How is Ana?” He suddenly asks, turning back to me.
“Oh, she’s great, her publishing business is going great.” I tell him. “Now that you’re partnering, she’ll probably ask you to do some photos for her.” I laugh.
“She knows I would happily do that.” He says.

The food is brought out and we all eat, minor conversations being spoken amongst everyone.
“Are you okay?” I ask Lily, who had been sitting in silence the whole time.
“Yes.” She says. “Are you?”
“I really want to get out of here already.” I laugh, I hated business things.
“How long do we have left do you think?” She asks.
I turn to Jose and clear my throat, interrupting the conversation he was having with the man beside him.
“Sorry, but did you have a contract for me?” I ask.
“Oh, yes I do, you want it now?” He asks, raising his eyebrows.
“Yes, I’m really sorry it’s just I have get Lily back to the college dorms, they have a curfew.” I say, making an apologetic face.
“Oh of course they do! Forgive me, here it is.” Jose says, pulling out the contract and handing it to me.
“Thank you, I’ll give it to my father this weekend when I see him and have him send the copy back to you.” I tell him.
“Thank you, and thank you both for coming, lovely to meet you Miss Heirs” He says to us both as we stand to leave.
“You too.” Lily says with a smile.

“I’m so glad that’s over!” Lily suddenly bursts out when the valet hands me back my keys and we get in my car.
I laugh and look over at her, and she blushes.
“What, I felt so awkward.” She tells me.
“Me too.” I admit.
“Really?”  She looks disbelievingly at me. “I thought that’s what you Greys did best?”
“I keep telling you, I’m not my dad, okay?” I strain, how many times do I have to say it?
“Okay.” She smirks, but I know she doesn’t quite believe me, yet.
“Shut up.” I laugh.
“Where are we going now?” She asks.
“Oh, yes your surprise!” I say loudly, as if I had forgotten. “I can’t do that now; I have to get you back before the doors are locked at the dorms.” I wink.
“Oh shut up, we still have an hour before they lock.” She laughs.
“I know.” I grin and turn down a back road that heads towards a private beach.
“What’s down here?” Lily asks, not being able to see any further than my headlights allowed.
I don’t say anything as I pull onto the sandy parking space.
I step out of the car and walk round to Lily’s side to open her door.
She looks down at the sand and back up at me, a confused look on her face.
“Come on.” I say with a grin.
“Where are we?” She asks as she carefully takes my hand and climbs out of the car.
“This is Ana Bay. A sea front that-“I started to explain.
“Your family owns it, I take it.” She smirks.
“Yeah.” I say sheepishly. “My father bought it years ago for my mom, and that island out there,” I say, pointing at the spec of land out to sea, illuminated by the solar lights that were scattered around the island. “That’s Ana Isle, my mom’s thirtieth birthday present.” I say.
“Wow, my dad got my mom a gift certificate for her thirtieth.” She grins.

We walk slowly down the sand to stand close to the water, which shimmered a dark blue under the night sky.
“I love it here, I haven’t been here in a while though, it’s also one of the reasons I wanted to go t Dartmouth, because it was near here, I had somewhere to go if I wanted to get away for a while.” I tell her.
She stays silent. “I wish I had somewhere like this to go.” She finally whispers.
“Well, you’re welcome to come here whenever you want.” I smile.
“Thanks, but a beach isn’t exactly my comfort zone.” She mutters with a soft smile.
“Oh yes, you’ve never swam in the ocean.” I remember.
“Why?” I ask.
“I had a bit of an incident in one when I was younger.” She shudders, she actually looks sick.
“Don’t worry; I won’t make you go in the water.” I say, and she relaxes slightly.
“Thanks.”
“I actually brought you here for this.” I say, and point over at the white wooden gazebo that was lit up with white fairy lights wrapped all around it that was down the beach to the right.
Lily turns and spots it and takes in a sharp breath.
“Wow, that looks… Beautiful.” She says with a grin.
I take her hand and start pulling her towards it.
“A drink.” I inform her as we sit at the small table in the centre of the gazebo.”
I pour her a glass of wine and then myself, passing her the glass I relax into my chair.
“I’m impressed.. again.” She smirks as she sips her wine then makes a face.
“I knew you wouldn’t like it, which is why I also brought these.” I laugh as I place two cans of soda on the table and she laughs, but takes one anyway.
“Very impressed.” She adds.
“We aim to please.” I wink.
“I can’t believe this; it’s so nice out here.” She sighs, then looks out at the water. “The sound doesn’t even bother me now.” She smiles softly.
“It used to bother you?”  I ask, sipping my own soda, discarding my wine.
She nods. “I haven’t been to the beach in so long because I couldn’t stand the sight of the water, even the sound made me uncomfortable, but right now, it’s just…” She struggled to find the words. “Nice.” She finally finishes on. "Did I ever mention fairy lights are one of my favorite things? They remind me of christmas, and they make everything look so much better."
“Like I said, you’re welcome here any time, with, or without me, okay?” I ask and she nods.
“So, has this night been a complete bore?” I ask.
“Not at all, I could have done without the business meeting, but I guess that comes with your world.” She smiles, and I grin.
“Are you saying you want to be a part of my world?” I tease.
“You know what I meant Jay.” She laughs.
“Not everything in the land of Grey is that bad.” I defend and she smirks.