Chapter 27

Unfazed by the shots being fired from every direction he pushed her in his car and drove. Even on the narrow road which led to the highway he drove with ease dodging the cars with blaring sirens behind him. He was so efficient.

He was quick enough to make a phone call.

"I need a back up."

Tahira's eyes widened on seeing a truck merge on the same road on which they were from the adjacent road. With the speed he was driving at they would surely crash into the truck.

She clamped her shaking hands to her mouth to prevent any noise and squeezed her eyes shut. Loud honking from the both the vehicles made her open her eyes.

Just an inch and they missed bumping into the truck. Uday skillfully surpassed it.

In order to prevent an accident the truck driver maneuvered the wheel and came to a screeching halt in a horizontal direction. The truck came in between them and rest of the cars and he sped away creating a distance which would definitely take time to cover up.

Almost after a mile after they crossed a bend in the road he stopped the car. Coming out he opened her door.

"Hurry up! We don't have time."

"Please..please..please..don't lose us..don't lose us.." She prayed silently.

She stumbled out of the car. Her heart pacing at an unimaginable rate. In her fear she didn't notice another car parked in front. He bent down and picked up the keys from under the second car. Almost shoving her inside he hurriedly sat I decide himself and drove.

Seconds later she heard a loud sound.

A blast!

Instantly she turned around. The car they were sitting in moments before blew in the air. All that was seen was a cloud of black smoke and ashes.

She hadn't even got out of her shock when she felt him laugh.

A sardonic laughter that locked her breath in her throat. Shaking his head from side to side he laughed. As slowly as possible she turned her stiff neck to face him.

"That was fun!" And again his dark laughter filled the car.

"What did they think? Their plan would work out?"

And she forgot to breathe...

Author's Note:-

Couldn't put up anything longer! Please comment. Tell me you like it and what do you think will happen now??

xoxo Lily <3