Chapter 11

It was saturday morning around 7a.m. and Tahira was still asleep. She had been working a lot lately and the previous day was a nightmare for her. All the events in her life had exhausted her. Moreover she had also lost appetite these days. She just didn't feel like eating much. Her body was weak and tired. So didn't matter if for once she so called over slept right!

Just then she heard a faint thumping sound but tried ignoring it. As she slowly started to come out of her sleep, the thumping became louder and louder and finally she figured out it was loud music.

"Arrghhhh!!"

She took the pillow next to her and covered her ears tightly but the noise didnt stop. She groaned and pushed herself out of bed. She looked at the time.

"What the bloody hell! Who is out of his or her mind to put this loud music at 7 in the morning? Who is this mad person?? Uughhhhh!! Can't anybody let me sleep!?"

She furiously walked to the window. That's where the noise came from. She opened it to find Nilay in his beater and a rugged pair of denim shorts WASHING HIS CAR!!

"Dude if you didn't realise somebody is trying to sleep!" she shouted.

"So sleep..simple."

"With this blaring music of yours, right beneath my window, you expect me to sleep?!"

"I don't think its that loud." he shrugged casually .

"Like seriously?!" she huffed.

"You know I don't usually get time to do this so I thought why not today. It's not bad to pamper your car at times..right? I mean look at this beauty! It does require care once in a blue!" he shouted smirking.

She threw her hands in air in frustration and amusement.

"Fine! But, what has this deafening music got to do with your washing??!"

"My car likes it you see."

"You got to be kidding! Totally insane!NILAY..you better put this thing off or else.."

"Or else? Or else what..you'll pull out my tooth?!" He laughed.

"Are you putting that thing off or not?!" she fumed.

"Nooppe!"

"Fine! Be ready to bear the consequences then."

He chuckled.

She went to her bed and grabbed her pillows . Going to the window she threw them at him. Obviously he dodged them easily without effort.

"Ooooooh! Such heavy ammunation! I could have had an head injury if that thing hit me!" he shouted trying his best to sound serious.

"You are so dead!" she muttered.

She stormed downstairs, opened the front door and took fast and angry steps towards where he was washing his dear car.

She saw his back as he was still rubbing the soap filled cloth on his car and singing on top of his voice. She picked up the bucket of water behind and without warning threw the entire water on him.

He stopped singing and stilled.

Casually she walked in front of him, bent inside the car and put the music system off. Crossing her hands in front of her she leaned against his car.

"Oooops!" she made a puppy face which was soon replaced by a triumph filled smile.

"You look kind of wet or hang on a sec, did you plan to take a shower outside and that too fully clothed?!" she tried to sound amused.