Chapter 24

She lay facing him. Lips slightly parted, one of her legs between his, her small hands resting on his chest and a few strands of hair covering her face. Expressionless he stared at her. She sighed bringing her head closer to his chest. He ran his thumb over the small bruise on her chin which she got yesterday. Raising his hand he tucked her hair behind her ear and she stirred a little. He froze but she didn't wake up.

He worked hard. He remained restless most of the times. He didn't have time for himself. The only free time he had he would go to Naisha. Even after spending time with her, making love to her he remained anxious. But today, it felt like he hadn't slept like this in ages. He hadn't experience this peace. Everything seemed perfect at the moment, but why, he had no clue. Human beings they say are greedy and he was human after all. Not wanting this moment of peace to end he closed his eyes.

After an hour when he got up the bed was empty. Worried, he shot up and went to her room. She wasn't there. He rushed downstairs to the kitchen. She wasn't there either. He ran to the front door and let out a sigh when he saw her at the porch. The relief he got in seeing her was something he couldn't explain. She sat on the chair hugging her legs staring at the rain. A full cup of tea lay abandoned on the table.

Sensing somebody's presence Tahira swirled her head around to see him looking at her intently. Her body stiffened a little. She got up picking up the cup of tea and was about to walk past him when he grabbed her arm lightly.

"You ok?" He asked gently.

She nodded in response. He left her arm and she went inside quietly. Returning back to his room he picked up his phone and called Roy.

"Hey! Wassup."

"Getting ready for work."

"So, I want you to send somebody to Tahira's workplace. Her car broke down on her way back home last night. I want it fixed as soon as possible. Also her phone and maybe her bag..whatever was in the car basically, get them to drop all the stuff to her office around 9."

"Right away!"

"Cool."

"Husbandly duties huh?" Roy mocked playfully.

"Shut up."

Roy just laughed and put the phone down. He showered and went down to the kitchen. Tahira was already there.

"Breakfast?" She asked without turning around.

"Sure." He said settling himself down.

She boiled him eggs and did some toasts passing him the butter and made the same for herself. Pouring them coffee she sat down opposite him. Both of them didn't utter a word. The only sound heard was of the cutlery.

"Yesterday..I..if you didn't come on time...thanks." She continued looking down at her plate playing with her food.

"I shouldn't have shouted on you the other day."

Her eyes shot up immediately. Both of them looked at each other for a brief second and their lips curled into soft smiles.

"What time do you have to leave for work?"

"Another hour I suppose." She said gently.

"I'll drop you."

Her eyes widened a bit. She almost forgot about her car.

"I'll take a cab.."

"We'll leave in an hour." He cut her and got up to clean his plate.

The car ride to her workplace was awkwardly silent. The entire ride she kept a look out for her car. Even on reaching her workplace she didn't see it and panicked.

"Omg Nilay! I didn't see my car anywhere! Did somebody steal it? Oh god! Wha.."

"Relax! I got somebody to get it fixed for you. You'll get your car by tonight hopefully. All the things you had in the car will be with you around 9."

"Oh..o..okay. I thought that somebody stole it and.." she was blabbering when he cut her off.

"Aren't you getting late."

"Oh..late..ya."

She got out banging her head while getting out to which he chuckled shaking his head from side to side.

"Hey! What are you doing tonight?" he asked bending looking out towards her side of the car.

"Huh?" she frowned.

"Tonight?" he asked again raising an eyebrow.

"Nothing...why?"

"Do you want to go out for dinner?"

"You want to go out with me?" She whispered unsurely looking him in the eye.

"Why, are you busy?"

"N..no."

"What time will you get done?"

"Seven I guess. You don't have to.."

"Cool. I'll pick you up then."

He left her standing with an open mouth. Her heart fluttered and a smile got plastered on her face.