Chapter 25

Nilay spent the day working. He was just about to leave to pick up Tahira and everything was going smooth till he was informed that Uday was coming back in the evening. Nilay knew his and Uday's minds worked on the same track. He was well aware that Uday would play safe for some time now. No information about any of his deals was gathered which meant his only reason to come was Tahira. No woman had kept him waiting for this long and if any tried she was simply raped. His just wasn't able to interpret as to why Uday still maintained distance from her. Whatever it was, Nilay had to keep her safe. He was well aware that this act of theirs wasn't going to work for long and god forbid anything went wrong Uday's first target would be Tahira.

Things had changed. He had gotten to know Tahira better. She was selfless and a pure person at heart. He knew she would do anything for him. He knew the answer to his why also. But he would never let his mind admit it. That night when he saw those two men trying to force them on her he had an image of what Uday could do to her. She was training hard but she would never be able to match the strength that Uday had.

He looked at the clock and frantically paced towards his car. Uday would be there already and Tahira wasn't prepared. He had to get there before him. He called her on his way but she didn't pick up which added to his worry.

For the first time in days she was genuinely happy. She never knew that this small gesture of his could bring such a huge smile on her face. She started working. Her belongings were delivered to her exactly at 9 for which she was thankful. Work was still hectic but she didn't mind because at the end of the day she would get to spend time with him. She finished work and went outside the office to wait for Nilay. She saw a missed call from Nilay and immediately dialled back.

She was just about to speak when strong hands groped her arms and pulled her to an isolated patch. She shrieked but a hand was kept on her mouth and her back slammed onto the wall of the building.

She gasped.

Before anything else happened she felt hands roaming lavishly on her back and without warning lips were smashed onto hers.

It was Uday.

Nilay knew the meaning of her shriek. Uday had reached before him. He pressed the pedal harder to get to her as soon as possible. Her phone was switched on, still in her hand with Nilay connected to it. He could hear everything.

"Hes back..he's back..." That's all that kept on replaying in her mind.

When Uday was satisfied with the kiss his lips left hers and with a final lick he created distance between her.

"I couldn't make it last week so I thought why not make up for it now." He smirked.

She had to be strong and not panick.

"Why?" She tried to sound annoyed making an effort to stabilise her shaky voice.

"Deals in Vegas."

"Oh..and I thought you found somebody else!" She mocked him or atleast tried to and turned the other way around.

"I can make up to you." He whispered in her ear winding his arms around her from the back.

She felt disgusted by his touch thinking how many women this guy must have raped with the same hands.

"Let's go out for dinner."

Her heart clenched.

Dinner....It was supposed to be with Nilay not with some rapist.

She fought back tears and whirled around with confidence.

"Ughh..huh...Not so easily big boy." She pressed her trembling finger to his lips.

"Plan something nice for me...something lavish! Maybe for tomorrow. Moreover, I am not dressed."

"Done. Tomorrow you are in for a surprise!"

With that his phone rang and he turned his back towards her. She let out a sigh of relief. Not even seconds and he came back and kissed her lips.

"I have to go. Will be back tomorrow. Give me your number."

Thankfully a separate number had been registered by Nilay specifically for this purpose. She blabbered it out to him thanking god for she remembered the number.

"I'll text you. Be ready for tomorrow. Bye beautiful."

Numbly she walked to the side bench and sat down. Staring at his retreating back she was forced to think what an ugly turn her life had taken. Her husband was involved with somebody else, she was being forced to spend time with a rapist and her heart was breaking with each passing day.

Nilay parked his car in a haste, put the phone down and dashed towards the entrance of the building.

"Tahira!"

Weakly she looked upto him and stood up.

"Are you okay? I heard..."

"He'll text me where to come tomorrow." She said with an expressionless face.

Minutes later they were in the car. He tried to talk to her.

"Are you okay?!" He asked her again. She barely nodded.

"Let's go out for dinner. You'll feel better..."

"Home...I want to go back home." Was all she said.

AUTHOR'S NOTE :- the chapters will be a little short. I am working and studying currently and I hardly get time. Please bear with it.

A hugggeeee thanks for voting, commenting and liking my work.

<3 Also this chapter is dedicated to @Nadia_menders - thanks for your awesome support! <3

xoxo Lily <3