Chapter 48

Nilay had their house fixed. He wasn't sure whether she would want to come back in the same house or not but he had no other option.

She wasn't really coping well. Lost in her own thoughts her eyes displayed immense sadness.

Still he didn't give up.

Morning till evening he tried spending every second with her. He would keep on blabbering something or the other the entire day. Telling her wierd and funny instances he encountered on different cases but he hardly got any response.

Her nightmares were another issue. She had started screaming and thrashing again. Even after getting up it would take him a couple of minutes to calm her down. The rest of the night she would fist his shirt tightly and lay eyes wide open until exhaustion took over.

Not once did she cry. He knew she would hate him pitying on her and for record he didn't once think of pitying for she was way strong. Commited he would let her hold onto him and soothe her down .

He had made certain decisions and no matter what he knew he would stick to them. There was no doubt he had become protective of her. He would get her out of this mess and help her live a normal life again.

"I will get you out of this Tahira." He had promised to himself.

.........

*A month later*

She had resumed her job. The first day he insisted that he'll drop her off to work but she said otherwise.

"No. I'll manage. Thanks." Her words were short and clipped these days.

He knew she was out of danger because Uday was in custody so he agreed thinking she has to start a normal life one day.

"Wassup!" Roy came in taking a seat looking at a frustrated Nilay.

"I've been trying to call Naisha since a week! Last I talked to her she was going on a long vacation with her friends to some island. I forgot the name. Reception was definitely a problem there but technically she was supposed to come back a week before. She's not picking up! I went to her place. It's locked."

Roy's expression changed.

"Should he tell his best friend or wait for some more time?"

"Where are you lost?" Nilay questioned.

"How's Tahira?"

"Same." Nilay answered frustrated.

"Started working?"

"Yeah."

Roy nodded.

"Dammit! Pick up the phone Naisha!"

Roy just looked at Nilay.

"So did you find out anything? About all that information being leaked?"

Roy stiffened but nevertheless made up his mind.

"We have to talk Nilay."

Nilay knew that voice. He stuffed the phone in his pocket and narrowed his eyes at his friend.

"So when our boys hit his base that night..."

Nilay nodded.

"They found out this woman who was apparently his mistress."

"You never told me about it!"

Roy didn't respond.

"What's going on?!" Nilay said firmly.