ROLE REVERSE AND BIANCA

When I hear a call incoming through my headset, I can't help but feel dejected. I don't know why but I've felt this way all week, but if I really think hard then I know why I'm down. "Hello, you're speaking with Macy from Heartache Hotline. How may I cure you today?"

"Wow, you do not sound happy today. I hope you haven't been greeting everyone like that."

The deep but familiar voice that comes through the line surprises me into a smile.

"Oh, I'm sorry, it's not been a great day." Well, the last few weeks actually but he doesn't need to know that. After I answer, Ollie stops laughing and his tone of voice changes.

"Sorry, Mace, wanna talk about it?"

"I'm pretty sure my job is to listen to you talk about your problems, not the other way around. After all, I'm the one who gets paid for this call." A giggle slips through my lips before I can stop it and I quickly look around. Thank God, no one is eavesdropping.

"Please tell me what's wrong?"

Cue awkward laugh and a subject change.

"Uh. I have no idea what you're talking about. Anywho, what's up? What do you need advice on?"

"Now look at who's changing the subject! But since you always let me off, I guess I can do the same."

"Thank you." I say quietly, grateful he didn't push.

Oliver clears his throat.

"Bianca called me last night."

"Wait, who is Bianca?"

"My ex girlfriend who cheated on me."

"Oh, right. What did she want?"

"She apologised and wants to get back together."

"You're kidding?" Wow, that's screwed up.

"Nope."

Hold on, "What did you say?"

"Honestly? I'm thinking about it. I miss her. It's a lot of history to flush away, you know?"

"I don't think that's a good idea, Ollie." I say slowly, shocked that he was actually considering it.

"Why not? Everyone makes mistakes. Maybe I was too quick to judge."

Yeah, right. "You weren't. Sure, everyone makes mistakes but that doesn't mean you have to endure her mistakes. Let her learn from them for future relationships."

"Aren't you supposed to encourage me and help me with heartache? If I miss her and want to be with her again to be happy, aren't you supposed to tell me to do that?"

I can feel him growing annoyed at me but right now, I couldn't care less as I speak my mind, "But you won't be happy with her."

Wrong move.

"How do you know? You're overstepping here, Macy. You have no right to tell me what and who makes me happy."

end of call

♡♡♡

AN: WELL... That just happened 🙈

What's your favourite movie?

- Chloe x