CHERYL

Feeling genuine empathy, I respond to my client, "I'm so sorry this happened but I promise things will get better!" But does it? I can't promise that because I have yet to find out myself.

"No they won't! He hates me. Everyone hates me. I hate me."

I hear it in her voice. The way she sounds so alone and loathed. "I'm sure you have plenty of people who love you! And hey, for what it's worth, I think you're great and so strong! You can get through this, and if you ever start to feel like you can't, please call us again or even try the Suicide Hotline if it gets to that."

"Thank you so much. I just don't know how to move on, it hurts so much."

"Focus on the good memories you had with him. Cherish those and appreciate the time that he had your heart. But don't let it get you down, use that positivity to love yourself and realise that you deserve better! You deserve someone who will support you and love you as much as you love them."

"Honestly, I'll try. Again, thank you so so much! I've got to go now but this has helped a lot and I'm so glad I called. I hope you have a great day, Macy!"

"Anytime, Cheryl, that's what I'm here for! Thank you, I hope you have a better day than how it started!" And I really hope it does.

"I will, bye!"

"Goodbye!"

end of call