Waiting

A/N: I know I haven't updated in a looooong time. And I'm sorry. I always knew what I was going to do. But, I never put them into words. Now that I finally have........ Here it is. And I'm writing this on the wattpad app so excuse any mistakes!

-----------

Toby (POV)

I don't know how long it has been. It could have been months, it could been weeks, it could have been days. To me it felt like an eternity. But, all I know is that my Spencer is still not awake. You don't know how it feels not to be able to comb my fingers through her hair, or to hear her laugh and to see the way her eyes light up when she 'wins' a game of scrabble against me.

I looked to my side happy to see the rise and fall of her chest whiles she lay there. And to see the heart monitor on her lower abdomen beeping, monitoring the babies heart beat.

His chest ached while his tears soaked onto his face. He lowered his head to her face hid his face in her hair. "I love you, Spencer. I love you more than anything in the world, and I swear to you that I'll always keep you safe."

" Toby, I brought you some food." I heard Emily's voice. She set the burger and soda in front of me.

" I'm not hungry." I replied automatically. I really wasn't hungry, nothing felt right without Spencer

" Come on Toby, it's been 3 days and I haven't seen you eat once. You know Spencer wouldn't want this. And if you're not good yourself how are you going to take care of Spencer and the twins when they wake up"

Part of me knew she was right, but the other part of me was urging me to stay and watch over Spencer just in-case she awakes in my absence.

" Come on, why don't you go back to the loft freshen up and come back. I promise I'll call you if anything changes in her condition.......Please." She begged. I let out a heavy sigh and contemplated all the events that could on whiles I wasn't here.

" Okay, but, I'm going to be back in 30 minutes. Exactly." She seems to be relived by this.

" Great now go." She said push me out of the room.

" I'm going, I'm going." I breathed out.

I drove to my house in record breaking time. Everything was still how I left it.

" Hmm..." I sighed then preceded towards the bathroom. I striped down and stepped into the hot, steamy shower. This reminded me of Spencer and our late night rende-vous here. It hurt everything hurt without her. Silent tears ran down my face mixing in with the hot pelting water running down my face. Why does it always have to us? Why does all the bad things happen to us. If it weren't for Callie.... I decided not to go there because if i did it would not be pretty. My shower was getting cold signaling it was time for me to get out.

After my shower I dressed in a black shirt and dark wash jeans. I jelled my hair up and was on my way out. Eager to get back to the hospital, I hoped in my truck and jetted off. When I got there, I had to sign in. After that I sprinted towards the room in hopes of some good news.

But, nothing. Spencer was still laying there incased in a deep sleep.

Emily looked up noting my presence and gave me a weak smile.

" Hey can you give me a minute?" I rasp

" Of course" Pity lacing her eyes.

When I was sure she was gone I went and sat by the bed. I take out the ring I've been carrying ever since that day and put it on her finger.

" Please wake up Spencer. I need you and the babies and I just- please wake up please..."

If she doesn't wake up soon I don't know what I'll do.

--------

So I hope hope you liked this chapter..... Review?.....maybe.. I know it's on the sorter side but, I've decided that If I write shorter chapters I can update more frequently so yah!