17

2 weeks later*

Raelyn's POV

I wiped my face with the warm wet towel and then threw it in the bin. Stefano came up behind me and gripped my waist, pulling me into him. He looked at me through the mirror and kissed my cheek, sending me waves of his affection. Before I could turn to kiss him back, he gripped my waist tighter and pretended to bang me. I gripped the edge of the sink laughing and chuckling erupted from Stefano's throat.

He wrapped his arms around me and turned our bodies so we could walk out our bathroom. "I can't believe he's five already." He whispered, letting me go.

I turned to face him and I stood on my toes to rest my forehead against his. "He's growing, Stefano." I said and took his large hands into mine. "He's growing so fast, it scares me." I added, wearing a little smile as Stefano looked at my face. "It's life." He said and chuckled too.

"Let's see what the troublemaker is up to." I said slapping his chest and grabbing his hand to lead us two out our room. "What did you get him?" His deep voice vibrates against my ears.

"I got him a Star Wars LED lamp, a tent that him and Marcelo can play in, and a children's book." I replied back, putting my hands on my waist to mock him. Stefano chuckled lowly and poked my forehead. "Hmm, you're spoiling him." He said pretending to be unapproving.

"Oh, save it. What did you get him, Mr. I'm-bad-at these-things?" I said pressing my finger against his chest.

"Fatherly love." He said, raising a challenging eyebrow. I just about had it with him and ended up erupting in laughter. "Oh, Stefano."

When we entered Romano's room, Stefano gently sat down close to our son's body and I stood, my arms folded as I watched them. Romano was still deeply asleep. His tousled, dark brown curls were being combed through by his father's fingers. His adorable, button nose crinkled when Stefano poked it, making me cover my mouth as I laughed.

Stefano remained focus on Romano's sleeping state. His eyes were softened and his guard was down, taking in this divine moment.

"I've just realized that I've never taken the time to admire my son like this." Stefano spoke softly to me. I smiled in return, the scene in front of me making my heart warm. He returned his gaze back to our son, looking at him lovingly.

"This is my son." He said, again.

My eyes slightly widened at his statement. Those were the same words he said when he held Romano in his arms for the first time. I'd just given birth and it was the first time I'd seen my husband shaken with anxiety.

"I'm ready to start singing if you are!" I whispered to Stefano, getting all giddy with excitement to surprise our baby boy. Stefano threw his head back and smiled. "Please, don't make me."

"You're singing, whether you like it or not!" I whispered again, gently grabbing his arm to lift him off Romano's bed. "Mama Mia..." he muttered, rolling his eyes playfully. I made a count down with my fingers and squeezed Stefano's hand.

"Tanti auguri a te, tanti auguri a te, tanti auguri a Romano! tanti auguri a te!" Stefano and I sang as I jumped up and down. Stefano laughed hard, trying to hold me down as Romano jumped out of his bed, frightened.

Romano blinked his eyes and when he say Stefano and I, he giggled and ran towards us. "My birthday! It's my birthday!" He chanted, taking my hand and jumping up and down. Stefano chuckled and squatted down to Romano's level. "It's a special day for a special someone. How old are you now? You better get this right." Stefano said the last part sternly, making me stifle a laugh.