01

Two years later
Raelyn's Point of View

     I was currently trying to make something new that I thought Stefano and Romano would love. I've never tried creamy sausage pasta before but I was confident in my cooking. Also, I wanted to taste it for myself and right about now, everything was looking good.

     My senses were taken over by hearing Romano's loud singing from the living room. I shook my head as I laughed. He was too cute sometimes.

     He was singing an old nursery rhyme song I sang to him last night to get him to fall asleep, like it was the newest pop song out this week.
I stirred the tomato sauce, cream, and Parmesan. Then, seasoned all the ingredients with salt and pepper. I whistled as I lowered everything to a low boil. I had to come back in ten more minutes for the sauce to thicken.

     I heard the patter of Romano's feet as he ran towards me. I ended up dropping the ladle as he engulfed my legs in a hug and looked up at me with a cheeky grin.

     By the look on his face, he saw that I was upset and he quickly frowned. He looked down at the utensil on the floor with sauce spillage all on the floor.

"Uh oh. I'm sorry mama." He said backing away slowly.

     "I told you about doing that when I'm cooking." I said giving him a look as I squatted down to pick up the ladle. I got up to drop it into the sink.

Romano looked down, his arms behind his back as he swayed side to side.

     "Mhm." I said not buying his act. I could see the corners of us mouth turn up just like his Fathers' did.

     Romano ran to the table and took a few napkins, then ran back to the spot with the mess and helped me wipe the floor clean. He giggled and hugged me again. It wasn't a few seconds later that I heard a familiar whistle tune and footsteps that I knew were coming from Stefano. I looked as his form emerged from the corner of the living room.

     I was actually surprised he made it in time for dinner. He was typically half an hour late. Romano quickly let go of my legs and stood up straight as if nothing happened. He raised his chin up at his Father, the bravado in the room now thick.

      I couldn't help but roll my eyes. Stefano gave Romano a toothy smile as he stepped closer to us. He crouched down to his level and smirked at Romano, Romano returning the facial expression. "Get outta here boy." Stefano laughed, ruffling his hair before Romano walked cooly towards his toys.

     What an act! The boy was running up and down the place just five minutes prior! Stefano looked at me up and down and pulled me closer to his body. He brought his lips down on mine and I accepted his kiss. The kiss was longer, telling me I was on his mind for the majority of the day.

     There was something I've been wanting to talk with him about but it would have to wait for tonight. He's just gotten back from his meeting and the last thing I wanted was for him to feel like he couldn't relax.

     "What's wrong, Rae?" He asked after he pulled away from the kiss. I didn't realize I had became unresponsive. "Nothing at all! I think I just became distracted with something. Anyway, I'm making something new." I said and gave him my best genuine smile. Stefano grinned. "I was meaning to ask what that new smell was." He said.

     "Romano's been giving you trouble?" He asked raising an eyebrow as he moved closer to me. I laughed and shook my head. It seems he didn't buy the act either. "No, you don't need to worry." I told him. He didn't even know the half of it. I turned the sauce off and wiped my hands with a napkin.