03

Raelyn's point of view

After bathing Romano and putting him to bed, I took a shower as well. It was nearing ten at night and there was still no sign of Stefano coming to join me in bed. Walking down the stairs quietly, I looked over and saw Stefano pull the glass of alcohol away from his lips before placing it squarely down on the table. He leaned back in the chair again.

I frowned as I walked closer to him. "You're not coming to bed tonight?" I asked folding my arms.

Stefano looked at his watch and cursed softly. "I might as well."

Stefano's point of view

The sound of my phone ringing woke me up. I opened my eyes and looked down to see Raelyn's head laying on my chest and her arm was around me. I tried taking her arm and gently moving it to the side to not wake her up but she tightened her hold on me and snuggled in closer to my side. I shook my head and grinned.

I used my right arm to reach and grab my phone. I answered it, putting it up to my ear.

"You have more news for me, Enrico?" I asked him. "Yes. I was able to come into contact with Mark Vitale's body where our team was investigating. I've just sent you images of his wounds. He was choked by a rope. I'm assuming the killer was in the back passenger seat and waited for him to enter his car before he threw the rope over his head." He started. I opened the images he sent and saw the purplish bruises going around his neck.

"He was then stabbed repeatedly in his side and stomach area. There's also another detail you might find interesting. There was the letter, W, carved into his side. I assume the killer was able to turn him over and remove his clothing before carving a knife into his side."

"Just like Rico Rossi." I stated. I clenched my jaw then nodded. "They're making their move now. Round up some soldiers at the usual place. Contact Waldo Tinuccio and request a meeting on my behalf." I told Enrico. Everything was pointing towards Tinuccio and his organization.

"Everything's alright?" I heard Rae's tired voice. Her eyes fluttered open and she used her hand to caress the side of my face.

"I have to go now. I won't be gone for long." I told her. I didn't want to discuss business with her and I had to be on my way to discuss the new plan with my soldiers.

She gave me a curious look and I took her hand, lifting her off the bed. She quickly covered her chest with the sheets and chuckled. "What are you doing?"

"Get ready with me." I pulled Raelyn up until she was standing up fully exposed to my eyes. "Mm, I think I like you better like this." I said bringing Raelyn closer to my body and squeezing her butt, a stupid grin on my face.

Raelyn playfully shoved me but I came back closer and picked her up bridal style, leading her into the bathroom. 

***

"I have reason to believe that the W being carved into the sides of said victims stands for, Waldo. Waldo Tinuccio." I said watching the facial expressions of my men grow into slight shock. "Waldo Tinuccio. I can see that as well." Enrico said and tightened his jaw. "Enrico, you said that the information of my father killing one of the members of the brotherhood had gotten leaked to Tinuccio. That is trouble for us."

"More than likely they want revenge. We Italians don't let news like that fly over our heads. But, if I may, Ricco Rossi was the first victim." Enrico started. I narrowed my eyes. "Continue."

"The report was sent to Tinuccio after the killer murdered Ricco Rossi."

"You're saying the killer had to have information about the report before killing Rossi." I finished his speculation. The main objective was to send the report and the enemy could only do that buy getting rid of the obstacle.