14

Raelyn's POV

That afternoon

     I turned a page in my magazine at the same time glancing at Gigi with a raised eyebrow. She then leaned into Caterina's ear to whisper something, causing her to giggle. "You're so nosy, Gigi." Caterina muttered.

    Her eyes glanced to below my neck and I instantly caught on. "Gigi, you're unbelievable." I laughed, pretending to smack my magazine down on the table. Gigi threw her head back and pointed at me. "That hickey is enormous! Honestly Raelyn, what did he do to you?" She asked, continuing to mock me.

     Caterina's cheeks began to turn red. It could be from hearing about her cousin being sexual, or the possibility she could be embarrassed for me.
     "Shut it, Gigi." I playfully rolled my eyes. At this point I couldn't help but to bite my lip thinking about the ways Stefano pleasured me.
     "You two had that nasty, hot-"
"I said, shut it!" I said, not being able to control my fits of laughter.

"Mmmm, lucky you." Gigi winked at me.

     I shook my head at her. Catching a glimpse of Caterina, I raised both of my eyebrows. Was something wrong? Gigi followed my gaze and she slightly widened her eyes in alarm. "Uh-oh!Caterina's virgin ears!"

     She shook her head and looked at me. At that point, I knew what was going on in her head. Her last relationship was with Alphonso, years ago. Although he did very horrible things to her and she'd been sent free, I knew he left a wound in her heart unable to heal. Caterina never told me, but there was always something in the back of my mind that told me Alphonso used to rape her.

     Perhaps that look was in her eyes because she never enjoyed sex with the man she loved.

     "Don't feel bad, you're beautiful and many men would be lucky to have you. You just need to get out there. Your time will come." Gigi said hugging Caterina. Gigi didn't know what was really going on but Caterina smiled at the fact she tried to make her feel better regardless.

     "The only problem is, I'm attracted to made men." Caterina chuckled, going along with where Gigi was going. Gigi waved her hand and rolled her eyes. "Been there, done that."

     Caterina rested her head on Gigi's shoulder and sighed. I felt great pity for her, knowing what she's been through. Her loneliness must be unbearable.
     "I've had a taste of what life outside of this society is like and I'm just not used to it. I'm used to the protection of made men, their mysterious and powerful persona, their strength and love..." she trailed.

     In this exact moment, it felt like Caterina and I were exact opposites. While she couldn't fit in to normal society, I couldn't fit into this mob lifestyle either. My husband though does have all the qualities she said she admired, and I admire them too.

     I nodded my head in understanding. "I get it, but on the bright side if you get a man that's not in the mob, you don't have to worry too much about him." I told her. Perhaps I was just saying to her how I always felt. The love I have for my husband is so great and it always gave me a headache when thinking of the danger he's always facing.

     "I guess you're right. I knew that they wouldn't judge me either." Caterina continued. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.
     "Judge you for what?" Gigi asked. "For not having my honor. But, I'm still stuck on made men." Caterina explained. She then looked downward.

     "When I was engaged, My fiancé would rape me. It's in our world that the girl stay pure before she's wedded and, now that I'm damaged goods, I'd be shunned if a made man found out I wasn't a virgin." Caterina explained.