10

Stefano's POV

     The next morning, I stood in front of the mirror looking at my face. Typically I woke up with a full night's rest, but this time I wasn't so lucky. I exhaled deeply through my nose as I ran my fingers through my hair. I began to think of what Raelyn told me last night.

     Knowing what the Pride was going through right now made it hard already to get a blink of sleep. Now, I was made aware of my failure to make my wife happy.

     My thoughts were interrupted by two knocks on the bathroom door. After I walked out of me and Raelyn's room, I slept in a spare bedroom to think correctly. I knew it was Raelyn behind the door and I was curious as to why she was awake so early.

     I opened the door and Raelyn gave me a short, tired smile as she walked in and closed the door behind her. My eyes raked over her form, lingering on the bags under her eyes. "You look tired, you should go back to sleep." I told her, pulling my shirt up. Raelyn took a step closer to me and helped me take off my shirt. I didn't need her help but I was craving her touch and she wanted an excuse to be in my space.

     "I could say the same for you." She said throwing my shirt in the hamper. We gave each other longing stares, our eyes doing most of the talking. When she looks at me like that, I know I have her. Raelyn brought my head down and kissed me.  I kissed her back slowly, savoring the feeling of her lips against mine. After our kiss, we discarded our clothes and Raelyn decided to start her morning with me.

   She squirted a dime-sized amount of shampoo into my hair and began working her fingers into my hair. "I know you want to say something, Raelyn. You didn't wake up this early just because you felt like taking a shower with me." I said, watching her carefully as a gleam of hesitance appeared in her eyes. her hands left my head and slid down my chest.

     "Stefano, what I said last night...I didn't mean for it to come out like it did ..." Her body was now meshed against my own, head in my chest, like she was begging for my forgiveness.

     I worked the other bottle of shampoo into her head, my fingers slipping through her curls. My eyes found pleasure in observing the bounce and beauty of her natural hair. "Out of abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. You meant every word you said to me." I said matter of fact, twirling a strand around my finger.

     She sighed into my shoulder and then kissed my flesh. "I didn't mean to sound ungrateful, knowing you've sacrificed a lot. You've sacrificed your name, dealing with my stubbornness, priorities, so much." She said. My mind went back to all the hushed criticism I got got family members and family friends.

     Many disliked the fact I decided to go ahead with the marriage, considering the supposed shame Raelyn casted on my family name when she ran away from me a few years ago.

     "You've done everything you've possibly could to make me happy. All of that, and I just spit on your efforts... You were doubting our entire relationship last night, I bet." Raelyn said again.

     I could tell she replayed last night in her head. It's just like her.

     "You have no idea what I felt in my heart when you said those words..." I held her chin and raised it so she could look up at me. I looked in her captivating brown eyes that brought me down to my knees every time. We were in a position where we saw each other's perfections and imperfections.

     "However, I can't blame you for how you feel. I married you and just expected you to be content with my lifestyle. I didn't know it would be such a struggle for you to adapt to. I blame myself." I told her. I didn't want Raelyn to feel she was wrong to feel how she did, even though it did hurt me.