06

Enjoy this chapter!

Raelyn's point of view

After my phone call with Mother, I was much more relieved. She'd been discharged from the hospital and father was taking more time to care for her. I had to make a mental note to come over and see how she's coming along. Caterina was also coming back from her trip to Tanzania and wanted to have lunch with me tomorrow.

Walking down the stairs, I peaked over to see Stefano laid on the couch with Romano sleeping on him. Stefano's arm was wrapped securely around his little body.

My heart would melt each and every time I saw Romano and Stefano bond. Stefano was typically busy and didn't get to spend much time with his son. I really like how he'd seized every moment he could, to do so.

    I remembered Stefano telling me how his father never showed much tenderness towards him. He'd never receive a hug or even a "Good job". Stefano told me he never wanted Romano to feel like he didn't love him.

I giggled as I walked past the two and made it to the kitchen. As expected, they had made a mess. There were splats of water on the floor, cookie crumbs all over the counter, and frozen chicken nuggets still sitting out. They could have at least put it back in the freezer for me. I shook my head. "Mmmm."

After taking care of the mess, I walked back into the livingroom, their bodies still in the same position sleeping.

I inwardly laughed at the idea of taking pictures and videos of this cute moment. "Haha." I laughed, taking out my phone and beginning to video myself. My hair was looking very unpleasant but I made silly faces in the camera and then stood in front of the couch, getting Stefano and Romano in as well.

"Aren't they cute?" I whispered. Looking at the screen, I saw Stefano open one eye and then close it, making me jump.

"That's the last video you take." Stefano chuckled, gently removing Romano from his body, and placing him on a pillow. I laughed, saving the video. "Oh hush." I stuck my tongue out at him.

Stefano smirked as he walked towards me. "I've got ideas of what you could do with that." He whispered in my ear, pulling me closer by grabbing my waist. My skin was put on fire by his warm touch and dirty language.

"How about you just go back to fake sleeping?" I asked, placing my hands on his shoulders, tilting my head back so he could have more access to my neck. Obviously, I didn't mean what I'd said.

"I want to stay like this." Stefano said softly, wrapping his arms around my waist. I met his face and leaned in to kiss him. "Look how cute he is sleeping there. I can't believe I gave birth to a mini you." I told Stefano, making him laugh.

Could my husband be any more sexy? The way the muscles around his mouth stretched and how his teeth revealed, was just perfect to me. His throaty chuckles and genuine laughs made me craft a smile of my own. "You want to explain why you're eyeing me like that?" Stefano asked, a grin still on his handsome face.

"I'm just thinking how I couldn't love you anymore than I do right now." I told him. I felt Stefano's hands hold me tighter in response. I knew whenever I told Stefano I loved him, it affected him more than he showed.

"I'd do anything to protect you and Romano. I'd give my life if I had to." He said, his tone becoming deeper.
"Ugh, don't say that." I said resting my head on his shoulder, holding him tight.

"Nothing's guaranteed, Raelyn." He spoke to me gently.
I took in a deep breath of his scent I was so addicted to, wanting to stay like this forever.