15

Stefano's POV

"It's Louise! The tracking device that was on him was taken off but it's been put back on!" Ricardo said, grabbing the attention of everyone in the room. I got off the wall and walked towards where Enrico and Ricardo were sitting. We'd been watching the status of Louise's tracker all day.

Thomas and Angelo also followed suit. We'd been waiting for a sign to lead us to Accardi and it seems we've finally gotten one.

Enrico typed the address of where the tracker was and zoomed in on the land. "This is yet again, another set up. This address is one mile away from the warehouse we first encountered our enemies yesterday." He explained, irritation in his tone.

"We even saw them take Accardi and drive away as we shot at them. How could the tracker still be in that warehouse?" Angelo asked, furrowing his eyebrows.
"That means It's not on Louise. He was instructed to not take it off." Enrico added.
"Yeah, Well, he was also instructed to not get captured." Ricardo snapped.

Everyone that was sent on yesterday's mission didn't intend on getting captured. It was only me that knew Louise was captured on purpose.

"We're going to follow that device anyway. 'Could lead us to Accardi and the enemy somehow." I ordered.
Louise, your plan better damn sure follow through.

*

Later that afternoon

Thomas shut the car door as he hopped into the driver's seat. I closed the passenger car door which contained Franklin behind it. I went into the backseat of the car along with Angelo. He sat behind Franklin and cocked his gun, placing it on the side of Franklin's face.

I nodded to Thomas through the rearview mirror and he began to drive. Franklin didn't know it, or maybe he did, but he was now in his last hours of life. I extracted all the information I needed from him and now it was time to get rid of him. I wouldn't make the same mistake of allowing a betrayer to live while I'm still breathing.

As the vehicle collected more mileage and the road became more narrow, I scrolled through my phone. My thumb stilled on a picture of my wife, son, and I. Raelyn was holding a younger Romano in her arms as she looked up and kissed my jaw. I took this picture and it was one of my favorites.

My eyebrows furrowed at the fact that Franklin was colluding with with someone who wanted nothing more than to destroy me and my family. Thomas pulled up to a small house and parked in the driveway.

"Why-why are we here?" Franklin asked, looking at his private home in confusion. It was a small cream house that was mixed with wood and brick. A long brick chimney extended from the ground to above the house and bushes and trees equipped with an abundance of leaves decorated the perimeters of the house.

"He's a prominent figure so we're going to make his death seem like he got into an accident of some sort." I whispered into Thomas's ear. "Just hurry up and enter the passcode, old man." Angelo said, patting Franklin on his shoulder. He even added a squeeze, taunting him some more.

The front door opened and we stepped into the house. Thomas went back to the car to get the necessary objects to complete our mission. Angelo sat Franklin down in a dining room chair and that's when the grey haired man began to beg for mercy.

"Please, Vanzetti. Have mercy. Please don't leave my wife a widow." He begged. His eyes were as big as golf balls and beads of sweat framed his face. His hands shook with terror and his face was a shade of red.

I used my index finger to raise his chin so our eye contact was tighter. I looked down at him with s blank expression. "I gave you trust and you abused it. Then, what did you do? You became teammates with a man that wanted me dead. If I'm dead, what does that make my wife?" I asked him, slowly.