SIX

This chapter goes to rawrrelb. Thanks a lot for voting and commenting honey, it really does mean a lot to me.

I know I say this to everyone but I really do mean it, all the comments and votes you guys make are important for me.

Also, remember that Devin is the name of Sal's friend from Allegro, we can't name Kev and Dust's ship that; it might be confusing. What other names have you got in mind?

And lastly, just out of curiosity, who of you all like Teddy, from The Waiting?

Hoping you enjoy,

Desyre.

P.S.: I'm answering comments through private messages because I don't want to spam my own story. If the story gets comments I want it to be your comments, not me commenting a bazillion times.

Dustin

                Fucking asshole. No, cross that. Motherfucking asshole.

                Why did I believe him? Why did I let myself be fooled? Why did I think that he’d stay here? That he wouldn’t jump at the chance to go fool around with Teddy Whatshisname? Why did I think that he’d changed? That he meant what he’d said yesterday? That he wouldn’t leave?

                Because I’m a foolish idiot, that’s why. Last night had had been so… bad. And that didn’t begin to describe it. Yesterday had been the worst night I’d spent in a long while. I didn’t like rain, and I tended to avoid it at any cost. But I was caught off guard. I would’ve shattered, broken down, done something stupid. I would’ve done so many different bad things, but I didn’t because Kevin was there for me. Because he was there to catch me. But why did he do it? Why did he show me that side of him, the side that cares and has feelings only to take it all back today and act as if nothing happened? Only to return to the way he always was with me afterwards? Who was the double-faced asshole now?

                I stepped out of the shower and dried myself, pulling on my clothes quickly and angrily. I brushed my teeth and stared at my hair. I didn’t feel like combing it today, I felt like letting it be as messy as it wanted. So I just ran my fingers through the wet strands and let them fall where they may. I would not think about Kevin. I couldn’t. We had the rehearsal thing on the city, I needed to focus on that. I stepped out of the bathroom and went into the kitchen to see Kevin sitting there with his phone in his hand typing angrily. What I didn’t see, though, were his things. Where were they?

“Where are your things?” I asked out loud.

“In the car,” Kevin said distractedly, still typing on his phone.

“Why? I thought you needed to take them out,” I said, frowning.

“Yeah, not anymore.” He hadn’t even looked up from his phone, I would even dare to think that he was answering on automatic and wasn’t really paying attention to this conversation.

“Dude, chill, you’re gonna break the screen,” I said, giving up on the other topic. I didn’t know what him not needing his things anymore meant but I wasn’t gonna get an answer with Kevin not paying attention to me.