THIRTY FOUR

Hope you enjoy,

Desyre.

Dustin

It was too damn bright and I was so fucking sleepy. Who had turn the light on? Why? Well, did it matter? The point was that it needed to turn off so that I could sleep.

"Turn that damn light off," I grumbled trying to hide from its shininess.

"It's your damn fault for opening the curtain," Kevin grumbled right back to me.

I whined not really saying anything that made sense and debated between closing the curtain and going back to sleep with the pillow on my head.

"It's so far away," I said finally. "I don't wanna get up, the bed is warm."

"I'm not getting up either, princess. I don't mind the light. You mind it, you get up."

There was shuffling beside me and I knew Kevin had turned his back on me and probably gone back to sleep. I whined nonsense again and decided to follow his example. A little bit of light never hurt anyone and neither did sleeping under a pillow.

I woke up with a start, jackknifing on the bed and it took me a minute to recognize what had woken me up. It was the pounding. Then it registered it was the door and that someone was saying something.

"I'm going to come in there and you two better be dressed!" Em thundered.

"NO!" I yelled getting up and throwing clothes everywhere to find a pair of shorts or my boxers or sweats. I had no luck, I could only find Kevin's clothes so I threw them at him which woke him up.

"Wha...?" he started to grumble when Em yelled again.

"I'm going to come into that room Dustin," Em threatened which only made me move that much faster to find something to wear.

"Knock yourself out," Kevin said calmly. "The door's locked."

I turned and saw that effectively the door was locked and felt myself deflate completely. I just crumpled wherever I'd been standing and felt a sigh of relieve push out of me. The door rattled and Em uttered some nonsense or some insults that sounded indignant.

"You bastard," Em yelled.

"You think you're smart? Well, I'm too," Kevin said with a shrug laying back down on the bed. "Plus, I know you."

"Jackass," Em screamed at the door.

"Bitch," Kevin said simply.

"Just leave them the fuck alone already," Oliver yelled from somewhere in the house, he sounded muffled and very far away but I still heard the anger in his voice.

"But," Em started arguing.

"Leave. Them. The. Fuck. Alone."

There was silence and I heard some very muffled steps and guessed Em had decided to give up in favor of not making Oliver even angrier. I turned to give Kevin a look and found him already watching me. I gave him a questioning look at the same time he did and we both shrugged. I got up and calmly continued my search for clothes just as Kevin got off the bed. If Oliver was in a bad mood then something was wrong. Very, very wrong.

We both went out of our room and into the living room dreading what we'd find there. I was even expecting my dad to be there when I got to the top of the stairs. But no, Ollie and Em were sitting in the kitchen counter, him with a frown and her with a sort of annoyed and dejected look. Sal was nowhere to be found, though.