TWO

First dedication of the book goes to Denny1 for being awesome enough to read my story, and what's more, vote and leave a comment! We met under such odd circumstances, but I'm still glad we met. I was jsut about to call you Dennyboo but Muffin would kill me for using her nickname. So yeah, thanks a lot Denny!

Second will go to inuyasha101, third for PackAlpha1995, fourth, rawrrelb, fifth, ramlil, sixth for XxIvyPoisonxX, and seventh to Kumiona36. You will all get your own dedications when the time comes and will find out why I added you to the list of dedications.

So with that all taken care of, time to stop talking and let you read.

Desyre.

Dustin

                I remember perfectly the day I met Kevin. How old was I when that happened? Like, elven? Maybe twelve? I’m not sure. He doesn’t remember it, though. I had been climbing a tree when I saw a boy surrounded by about five or four guys. The boy was cornered against a wall but still he didn’t look scared or anything, he was just staring straight at the guy in front of him, who looked like he was twice the size of the skinny kid. The big kid pushed the skinny one into the wall telling him something and poking him in the chest. The skinny kid didn’t look affected at all. The big guy grabbed the front of his shirt and pushed him into the wall again, looking more pissed off per second that went by.

                I understood suddenly that the skinny guy was about to get beaten or punched or something and quickly climbed off of the tree. I yelled at the guys, telling them to leave the skinny kid alone. The kids surrounding the skinny kid turned around to look at me, and then, just like that, in the blink of an eye the skinny kid was running as fast as he could away from the other kids. The other kids turned and yelled at the skinny one to get back here, but when they saw it was useless they turned around to glare at me and probably beat me to pulp, if I had still been there. While they turned to look at the skinny kid run away I did the same as him and turned tail, running as fast as I could. I finally found some bushes to hide behind and ducked, waiting for the guys that where following me to run past.

“Hey! This place is taken! Find your own place to hide!” I heard a voice say from somewhere behind me, making me jump about five feet into the air.

                I turned around and right there was the skinny kid I saw before. When he saw me his eyes widened.

“You!” He said loudly.

                I heard steps getting closer and turned to see the guys coming this way.

“Why the fuck did you…?” The skinny kid started to say when I placed my hand over his mouth to shut him up.

                I pulled the kid even more into the bushes with me, and saw the guys run past, cursing loudly. When I was sure they were gone, I sighed in relief and let go of the kid’s mouth.

“Wow. That was close. Thanks,” the skinny kid said looking wide eyed at the bushes the guys had run past.