Ugh ... Halp.

To my fellow American readers, are any of y'all doing this thing called National History Day? It's quite a pain in the butt. And the event is tomorrow for my school.

But guys, before you ask for updates and lecture me about not whining about my personal life, let me just earn a little bit of your sympathy: I lost my voice today.

*crickets*

How did I? Well, let's just say that I've been getting into Vocaloid stuff lately, and one of my friends mentioned the song Leia by Megurine Luka. So I clicked on it, and―like always―felt immediately attracted.

And what do I do when I feel attracted to a song? I try to sing it, of course.

Let's just say that it's got this super high note:

LeEiIIAAAaaAaAaAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAaAAaAAA

On the plus side, I got to make a real cute sign using washi tape that I hung over my neck. My chorus class definitely had the most epic reaction. My teacher called me precious, and then my classmates treated me like a war veteran.

I'm not complaining at all, though. Positive attention is awesome, especially when you least expect it.

But WAIT. You must be wondering what National History Day has to do with this. Well, every (forced) participant has to attend their own interview with volunteer judges, in which the judges ask them questions about their projects.

AND HOW THE HELL EXACTLY WILL I GET THROUGH AN INTERVIEW WITH A LOST VOICE? GEE, I DON'T KNOW.

AAAADGGGGDJAEWJREWJTE EUREJRJERJEOJROEJRE HELP

Even though I'm not talking at all and I drink lots of water, IT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE GETTING BETTER.

GODAMMIT. Now, remember in the last chapter how for those of you who tried to guess my godly parent, I responded with a haiku. 

WELL HERE'S ANOTHER.

Life currently sucks.
I can't think of what to say.
Uhh ... Uhhhh ... Uhh ... Uh ... Uhm ...

Yep. Updates should be soon once this crap is over.

UPDATE A DAY LATER: Whoa guys, my voice is way better now! Still can't sing, but THIS HELLHOLE OF NATIONAL HISTORY DAY IS OVER; LET'S CELEBRATE.