Why Is This Happening to Me?

A/N: The very thought of mathematics calls forth hatred to my heart, making it wrench agonizingly. Click the vote button if you agree.

Also, I don't know if manga has a braille version, but let's just say it does so it ties in with the story.

- Fatespeaker's POV -

"So ..." I said, inhaling the sharp November air. 

"So ..." Starflight replied.

He, Sunny, and I were walking along the sidewalks of an old art museum.

"Did you know," I said, "that Seraph of the End's third season will release next month?"

"That's awesome!" Sunny cheered. Fortunately, she was still close friends with me despite having a crush on Starflight. "And right after Attack on Titan too! Those two anime are seriously alike."

"Great," replied Starflight. He had started reading manga too using braille, and Sunny and I constantly updated him on what happened in each episode of the anime we watched. "It'd be cool if Yuu and Shinoa got together in the end. Romantically."

That made me drop my hot chocolate. Kneeling down, I snatched the cup to prevent any more creamy liquid from spilling down the drain, and faced the green eyed boy.

"Say what?" I gasped. "Starflight, you can't be serious! Yuu belongs to Mika; it's practically a rule in the fandom."

"Hey, it's a free country. We can ship whatever we want."

"True, true," agreed Sunny. "Well, I'll head back home so you two can have your date." She smirked, then left.

Starflight and I walked to a cafe and ordered some drinks, then snuggled up at a table. I looked out the window, putting my attention on a magnificent maple tree. All its leaves had fallen off and were huddled at the bottom, loyally clinging to the tree's base in a large heap.

Five minutes later, my phone buzzed. I opened up to the screen and my stomach dropped. A gasp escaped my lips.

"What is it?" Starflight asked.

I breathed out, "Apparently Principal Arctic's funeral is on Saturday and we're invited."

Ironically, the sun was shining a luminescent white-yellow when we got to the cemetery, making the coffin blinding to look at.

Students and staff were scattered over the green field. Some people actually mourned, but most people just chatted to each other, seeing the funeral as a social gathering. 

The director tapped the microphone, silencing the audience. He began into a long, traumatizing speech grieving about the principal's death. When he was done, he asked if anyone else wanted to speak.

Flame, Viper, Squid, and Ochre raised their hands. Once they got to the podium, Ochre bent his head downward with a solemn expression. He opened his mouth to deliver his first words:

"WE'RE GOING ON A TRIP IN OUR FAVORITE ROCKET SHIP,"

"ZOOMIN' THROUGH THE SKIES, LITTLE EINSTEINS."

"CLIMB ABOARD, GET READY TO EXPLORE,"

"THERE'S SO MUCH TO FIND, LITTLE -"

"Quiet!" A teacher screamed. No doubt, it was Mrs. Kestrel. "Detention on Monday, all four of you!" she hissed.

Squid, Ochre, Viper, and Flame groaned in unison. 

Next came some real heartfelt messages, like We will miss you, You were a great principal, We will never forget you, all the melodrama.