Fire! HELP!!!

- Tsunami's POV -

"Tsunami, wake up. You're late." An amused Anemone grinned as she perched on the rim of my bed. "Better hurry up."

Mumbling, I took a look at the alarm clock standing next to a pack of gum, then jumped up, shrieking. "7:05?!" I had to get to the bus stop pronto! 

Slipping some jeans and a jacket on, I grabbed my backpack and clomped down the stairs while tying my blue hair into a messy ponytail. Heart beating wildly, I raced to the end of my street, maybe even faster than a bullet train, only to see the bus about to leave.

"WAIT UP!" I yelped. "SLOW DOWN!"

The annoyed bus driver stopped and opened the door, catching my eye as I stepped on to find a seat. An amused Starflight who was sitting across from me smirked. Feeling my face heat up from embarrassment, I looked out the window.

Right as my foot hit the solid hard ground of the school entrance, a voice called, "Interesting fashion choice, Tsunami, I should consider it too."

Glory and I were standing face-to-face with each other again, barely inches apart. Our eyes glared into each others' like fire and ice, before the green-haired devil giggled again.

"What's so funny, pigeon brain?" I snapped. "Speak up!"

"Wow, what a hypocrite," she smirked, stepping around me in a circle as if I was some piece of artwork. "don't call me a pigeon brain, when you were the one who received a D on your report card last year. And during the first quarter too. How very humiliating."

My cheeks burned up to such a high temperature people could probably fry eggs on my face. "Just tell me what's so funny."

"How 'bout I give you a clue instead, Tsunami?" Glory laughed. "Go to the bathroom, the girls' one of course, and take a look in the mirror."

Smirking, the girl started strutting into the school building, but not before my leg collided with her twelve-inch stiletto. Yelping, Glory tripped over and clutched her ankle with gritted teeth. "Why you little-"

"See ya."

I didn't usually spend hours looking over my appearance, since I wasn't actually a vain little princess who constantly judged her looks. But this seemed to be a situation where there was something so crazily hilarious that I did what my worst enemy told me to do, just for my safety.

I frowned at my reflection; I didn't see anything weird or out of shape with me. Maybe Glory was just messing with me. I should have known better.

Slinging my backpack over a shoulder, I headed to my locker to drop off my stuff, then arrived at homeroom right before the bell rang.

"Okay class," Mr. Smolder clapped his hands to get our attention. "today you guys are going to experiment with our kitchen areas, and cook a simple dish on your own. I am going to check your food and give you a grade based on quality, taste, and shape. You will perform this task with another partner ..."

Peril and I exchanged happy glances and high fived each other.

"... who I will assign." the teacher finished.

The whole class groaned.

Ignoring us, the smirking professor held out a list written on a small, crisp sheet of paper. "Our pairs are going to be Clay and Peril,"

The smiling brown-eyed boy looked over at Peril, who's face lit up with excitement, but then switched back to normal again with hints of red across her cheeks.

"Turtle and Riptide."

Riptide looked over at his twin, wiggling his eyebrows in a teasing way. Turtle responded by rolling his eyes, hand running through his brown hair.

"Moonwatcher and Winter."

The duo smiled at each other, sharing a thumbs up.

More and more students got called up, until I was the only student who didn't have a partner. That is, me and a selfish prick with a face caked in makeup.

Our eyes met each others.

"YOU?!" we shrieked at the same time.

"But ..." Glory started, a bead of sweat dripping down her face. "I refuse to work with this eccentric, dim-witted child."

"Hey brat, look who's talking." I sneered back. 

"Sir, please!" we yelled.

Mr. Smolder shook his head, rolling his eyes. "I swear, you two are way more crazy than my dog Flower." He pointed to a station. "Kitchen number Ten."

Annoyed, Glory and I stormed over with huffs. 

"Okay Princess," I grumbled. "Tell me what the hell you want me to do."

"The recipe's right up here, you dolt!" she snorted, waving the paper in front of my face. "Start reading, or did you flunk preschool as well?"

Ignoring her for once, I looked over the choices. "Let's make toast."

"Yeah, and that's what you're gonna be if you get the slightest drop of egg yolk or butter on me!"

Glory took out a medium-sized pan and placed it on the stove, then turned up the temperature to 'High'. I poured some milk and eggs into a bowl, mixing it all together into one thick, light yellow liquid. Once the pan was hot enough, we took turns adding butter and watching it melt. (A/N: These cooking procedures may not be the ones you use, but I'm just writing this based on how my own stove and the ones at my school work. Therefore, DON'T TAKE COOKING LESSONS FROM THIS STORY. THEY'RE PROBABLY WRONG, AND YOU'RE GONNA BE THE VICTIM OF WHAT HAPPENS TO TSUNAMI AND GLORY NEXT.) 

"Phew," I dramatically wiped my forehead and sent Glory a cheeky grin. "You actually can cook." 

"Your insults are lame," she snapped back. "Are you still mad about that incident in second grade? Cause if that's the case, then drop it."

"Getting salty here, aren't we?"

"AAAAAAHHH!"

Blinking, I stared at the green-haired girl. "What?"

Glory pointed a shaking finger at the stove, introducing the flames uprising from the pan. "F-fire!"

"Detention," I muttered darkly. "On the second week of school. Really, Glory? You weren't supposed to add extra oil."

We both looked like zombies, with smoky dust powdered across our faces and hair.

"Shut up. You didn't help me at all; you could've just told me." Glory retorted, twirling a piece of hair around her finger.

"And would you have listened?"

"Be quiet," she cut me off. "Let's just write this essay so we can get home eariier."

We grouchily picked up our pencils, reluctantly running the writing utensils across the papers.

A/N: I know guys, finally an update! I'm really sorry that this story as well as the others on my profile have been dead for a quite a while. Please understand that my computer has broken and it's not fixed yet, so I'm currently writing on my parents' electronics with limited time. I did finish my co-authored book Searching For A Myth, so you can expect updates weekly.