Getting a bit Jealous, aren't we?

A/N: You might start thinking that Moon and Winter are acting a bit OOC in this story, but I'm just imagining how they'll be like if all those events that happened to them in Moon Rising, Winter Turning, and the other books didn't occur. 

Oh and by the way, today is my birthday, and I've officially turned the unlucky number. Just sayin', continue on with the story.

- Winter's POV -

"Harry Potter sure is awesome," Moon suddenly said as we were walking down the hallway to lunch. "I read all the books. And watched the movies."

"Really?" Qibli asked her, raising an eyebrow. "Then I challenge you, Moonwatcher Nightfall, to a battle of the geeks. Whoever loses has to buy the winner lunch for two months."

"Count me in too," I smirked. "Boy do I hope you two enjoy getting me the most expensive items on the lunch menu."

Moon snickered, a laugh that didn't sound like her at all. "Then it's on." Apparently we all brought our lunches today, so we slid down on our usual table.

"What are your Houses?" Qibli asked, tucking a strand of sandy hair behind one ear. "I'm either a Ravenclaw or Slytherin."

"Probably Slytherin," I replied. "They're absolutely great at roasting people."

Moonwatcher put one finger to her lip, tapping it quickly. "Maybe Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw. I'm most definitely not a Gryffindor, though. There was this one time when I was in seventh grade and decided to finally go on a rollercoaster. But when I actually went on the ride, well, let's just say you should've seen the face I made when they took the picture afterward."

"Why, was it really that bad?"

"Worse," she whispered, turning a bit red. "I looked like I was both smiling and about to throw up at the same time."

"Like this?" Qibli's lips twitched upwards to form a simper so unrealistic it was hard not to cringe, then made a puking motion with his cheeks.

The ravenette nodded. "Exactly like that. Well, maybe even a bit more gross."

"Oh, by the way!" I said, remembering something. "I finally saved up my allowance for a movie, so do you guys want to go see ... I dunno, The Hunger Games. I know it's old, but I only watched the next three movies and apparently it's showing again in the theater. So, you wanna go?"

"YES PLEASE!" Qibli yelled, so loud that we caught the attention of a couple people sitting in the table next to ours. 

"Me?" Moon asked, pointing to herself. When I nodded, a huge smile flew to her face. "Yay, what time?"

"Seven. I'll pick you both up."

"Thank you so much!" Qibli grinned as he settled in the backseat of the family car. "It's the first time you actually did something nice to me."

I grabbed a baseball cap and reached over to bonk him on the head. "Be quiet."

"Wait, don't go driving off yet," he said. "Moon's gonna be ready in a second."

A strange, envying feeling knotted up my chest, making me feel as if I've been squeezed. "She went to your house?"

"Yup, we ate dinner together."

"Nice," I said emotionlessly.

Then, the car door opened again and Moon seated herself in the passenger seat next to me. "Hi Winter." She beamed. "So excited to see The Hunger Games!"

Minutes later we had gotten our drinks, and were sharing a huge bowl of popcorn in Qibli's lap, Moon and I sitting on either side of him. Because no one had anything interesting to say, watching random future movie trailers on the big screen in front of us was most entertaining.

Finally, when the screen softened to show the iconic 'Lionsgate' logo, did the rest of the audience quiet down. 

Moon leaned forward, ecstatic to watch the story, her barely audible breathing quickened. It was a pretty cute sight, since the girl had always been so cool and calm around me all the time. 

Unfortunately, in the middle of the epic Cornucopia Feast scene, I had to get up and leave for a bathroom break. Also, my legs were pretty numb from sitting.

When I got back to my seat, I had to pinch myself from gasping. Qibli had fallen asleep and was lightly snoring with quiet breaths, leaning left in direction. That is, leaning on Moon's shoulder, with an arm wrapped around her.

Once again, that jealous sensation I got an hour ago appeared. Argh, but why? I shouldn't be angry at my friend for showing the slightest romantic interaction with the girl I have a crush on. I told that to myself four more times. Nevertheless, I still felt resentful.

Whatever, focus on the movie. But I felt even worse looking at the screen because Katniss and Peeta had just kissed in the cave, and we were seeing the wistful, green-eyed expression on Gale's face a second later. Whoops, horrible timing. Coincidence? I think not.

Then, when Katniss and Peeta fought their final fight with Cato, I had an image in my head of me violently flipping a distraught Qibli onto the hard floor and strangling him, making sure Moon couldn't reach him for one second.

And before we knew it, we were on our way home again. This time, Moon and Qibli sat together in the back seat, chattering loudly like a pair of birds, with me sending in comments occasionally.

After I dropped Moon back to her own house, there was an eerie silence between my friend and I. We said nothing as he got out of the car and went inside his house; I only gave Qibli a slight wave that I didn't think he saw.

That night, it took longer than usual for me to fall asleep.