I Screwed Up ... Why, Just Why?

- Peril's POV -

"Wait," Clay cut me off. His slightly messy brown hair flew in the wind. "Let me get this straight. You once drowned your entire house trying to wash a single sock?"

"You heard me," I tossed my head with a laugh. "I was never, ever allowed near the laundry machine again."

"We all have our weaknesses," he answered simply. "According to my mom, I eat and sleep too much.

"Anyways," Clay changed the subject, "I heard we've got three transfer students from this rich school."

"Oh yeah!" I nodded. "What were their names again - Darkstalker, Fandom, and ... Creepsight?" I wasn't sure about the last two, but at least the first was right.

"Mm-hmm." He had stopped chomping on his hamburger, and was now looking at me intently. 

My face instantly felt like it was burning. "What is it?"

"Peril," he began, "this is something I wanted to tell you ever since the first day of kindergarten, when we met. Whenever I see you, my heart beats like a drum, and I long to protect you for as long as I live. I admire your energetic charm, how you're always up to something, and especially those shining blue eyes of yours."

He concluded, "I'm definitely in love with you, Peril."

Now my cheeks were scorching, as Clay's sparkling brown eyes looked into mine. I looked around. No one was watching, so I did something the typical Peril would gag upon the thought of.

I slowly walked up, slightly lifted my head, and connected our lips together.

It was a simple movement, a quick one too, but when we kissed it felt like my insides were twisting, turning, about to explode and catch on fire out of giddy excitement. This was a feeling I never wanted to forget.

Clay had turned red, too. "So ... uh ..." he stuttered. "I will take that as a yes. I mean, as in yes, you'll be my girlfriend and we'll date and then maybe eat food toge-" He clamped his mouth shut, then started talking again. "Well, only if you want to, I mean."

"I'd love to!" I grinned. "But let's start walking to school now."

I wouldn't have to even make a mental to tell Tsunami about what happened.

Meanwhile in math class, Ms. - or Mrs, I forgot but I don't think anyone would marry her so I'll just say Ms. - Kestrel had finally had enough of the class' chatter. She finally stormed up to her table up at the front, and slammed her palm upon the wooden surface.

"That is mahogany!" I screamed dramatically.

Fatespeaker, catching my reference, joined in. "Yeah, Mrs. Kestrel. The odds really aren't in your favor today."

"You darn students," the teacher hissed, "One more word and you're getting detention, for fu-" She abruptly stopped.

"For FrUk's sake?" Fatespeaker asked happily. "I didn't know you watched Hetalia and shipped Arthur with Francis!"

"I hate that ship!" Another kid across the room shouted. "As Alfred x Arthur shippers say, U-SUK!"

"Ten points from your house, then!" I screamed back at him. "Hopefully it's not Gryffindor."

Meanwhile, a student sitting in the back started muttering about Mrs. Kestrel being a factionless pansycake, then stood up. "Teacher, how do you spell your full name? I'll write it down in my Death Note."

This led to a huge OOOOOOOOOHH! from the entire class.

Unfortunately, Mrs. Kestrel gave her detention after we applauded and threatened us all with the same thing unless we were quiet for the rest of the period. Well, there's always gotta be a fun ruiner who lives up to serve his or her purpose.