Oh, the Trouble I Caused ...

My aunt and uncle's house was far off west in the country, surrounded by low, tranquil green hills dotted with cows and sheep. It used to be an inn for all tired hikers or travelers looking for a place to eat and sleep, and had even taken a huge leap up in popularity because some guest said he saw a ghost on his first night there. However, the place was abandoned when World War I struck, and people would expect it to have been ruined by surprise bomber planes or stuff like that. But, there actually wasn't much harm done to the inn when reporters checked many years later. Finally, my uncle and aunt pitched in their savings so that they now owned the house.

Because they weren't exactly close neighbors to us, we rarely saw each other, except for holiday events like Christmas or Halloween, where my aunt and uncle always brought luxurious gifts to spoil Glory and I. This time though, they were only dropping up for a dinner visit, then they'd go on their way to the airport.

They also had a son named Jambu; he and I got along quite well, actually. We both liked the color pink although yellow was my favorite, enjoyed eating lots of food, and never slept in the minute we woke up.

My sister, though, could not stand the guy. According to her from a direct quote, "Whenever Jambu and Kinkajou are together, Kinkajou goes from crazy to very crazy to so crazy she'd make Tsunami and Peril look drab."

I love Glory to bits, but first of all, I only go crazy when I see cake, ice cream, dogs, cats, electronics, my shipping charts, hamsters, romance novels like The Fault In Our Stars, manga, daisies, people, anime, sparkly glitter nail polish, ponies, my favorite fictional characters, a playlist with the best songs ever, my shipping notebook, new clothes, four-leaf clovers, the sky, hot human beings, chocolate cream pie, strawberry pancakes, family, cake, ice cream, dogs, cats, electronics ... 

Whoops, better stop thinking before I get that sappy smile on my face and start drooling onto the costly gray dress with rainbow jewels I was wearing. I was assigned to greet my relatives at the door when they came. Better not make a fool of my self by yelling, "I SHIP ORCHID AND MANGROVE!" at Jambu as they come in. Orchid and Mangrove were Jambu's two other friends at his school, who were dating.

Ding-dong!

Hand flying at the doorknob, I flung it open as the rest of my family came downstairs. "YO! It's been a while!" Then I tackled my aunt, who wasn't carrying anything-thank goodness-into a large embrace.

My much calmer mom carefully pried me off with an annoyed stare. "We apologize for the eccentric behavior of our younger daughter. We're super pleased to see you guys."

"Uh," Jambu cut in, tucking a strand of hot pink hair behind his ear. "Can we just come in and eat? I'm starving." These few words resulted in a small scolding from my uncle.

"Oh, of course!" my dad beamed. "Let's take a seat, but be careful not to overstuff yourselves."

When we were all seated and taking our first bites of the appetizer, my mom just had to choose this time to be fussy. "Glory, I told you to take off those silly glasses. Weren't they supposed to be thrown away years ago?"

Right now, a pair of delicate silver spectacles perched on my sister's nose, and I also wasn't completely sure why Glory adored those glasses so much. Her eyesight was okay, as long as she wore contacts, and the glasses were starting to look small now. Glory purchased them in the fifth grade, and had kept them safe and sound for the past five years, not a dent in the frame, nor a crack on the glass. She said that they were elegant and sweet, although I could probably name fifty or more accessories more beautiful. 

"Sorry, Mom." With a sigh, Glory reluctantly slid the glasses off and tucked them in her pocket. "Better?"

"Much."