Uh-oh, What Happens Now?

A/N: Shoutout to the amazing six-clawsthesandwing! Please check out his/her/their books! 

(BTW readers, you guys can now request shoutouts or messages if you want. I'll happily post them on chapters.)

- Moonwatcher's POV -

I don't mean to rant, but this whole school year has started off pretty crooked. It's pretty obvious Qibli and Winter have overflowing crushes on me and are giving each other the stink eye behind my back. So far, I've received ten boxes of chocolate and have no idea how to react.

Today we were at Qibli's house for a history project, and there just happened to be a documentary about it on the TV. 

My phone buzzed. Kinkajou had texted, "Have they stopped fighting yet?"

Nope, I thought. I probably wouldn't be a good match for either of them, anyway. I texted back, "They're still sniping about." Gee, poor Winter and Qibli. They both needed someone who loved them as much as they loved me right now. 

And then it hit me. Like a meteor.

Fingers rapidly hitting the keyboard, I texted to Kinkajou, "See if we can hang out at the park tomorrow. We have a new mission."

She instantly replied, "Awesome! Will be there."

After the documentary finished and we decided to do a PowerPoint Presentation, Winter began drawing out sketches of ideas while Qibli and I took notes from a textbook. It was going pretty well until Qibli found a picture of Hitler. He said to Winter,

"Oh look. It's you."

My dorky, smart-aleck friend had meant this as a joke, but Winter was on fire. Maybe something bad happened or he was just tense, but I had never seen someone get this angry before. The albino growled, "Are you sure it's not you? I mean, you're insane, vicious, and need a life."

Hurt flashed in Qibli's eyes, then got replaced by defensive fury. "You take that back, ice breather!"

"No, I don't!" Winter yelled back. "You're just salty about your test score being lower than mine. Well, not everything needs to be all about you, cactus breath. You just think it needs to be, because you're a selfish jerk."

"Ha, you say that so easily, but you probably forgot the time you tore up my entire room just looking for your stupid math homework. I still wish you could've just went with a zero. I mean, you get those all the time because you don't care if you flunk, right?"

"And you're a lying, deceitful perfectionist and everyone should know who you really are! I mean, that's the reason your real mom left you."

No, Winter. Stop, please. That was the wrong thing to say.

Now Qibli was really livid. "SHUT UP, FLEA BRAIN. At least Thorn chose me and took me in. I think you'd still be in the orphanage if you were in the same scenario."

"Pfft, you're really talking about that?" Winter snarled. "Try living under the pressures of being the youngest kid with horrible siblings, where your parents constantly rank and compare you to other people. You have it all lucky, you spoiled brat."

"Who are you calling a spoiled brat?! I donated two hundred dollars to a homeless family in New York City. With my own money too, princess."

"You're a poison-spitting idiot."

"You're the king of them."

"Nah, you're just jealous that Moon likes me better!" Winter scoffed.

Dead silence.

"Uh, Moon?" Qibli waved his hand in my face. "Do you really believe him?"

Winter leaned in, also radiating nervous curiosity. 

This was my chance now. I could just say one of their names, and one person would celebrate while the other would be humiliated for life. Winter and Qibli's eyes were unmoving, staring at me like the Mona Lisa portrait. I opened my mouth.

But I said nothing. Instead, I turned on my heels, grabbed my stuff, and left. I could still hear my friends' screaming even outside the house.

When I got home to my cozy, tiny apartment, I poured myself a cup of hot chocolate. That was always what I did whenever I was pissed, sad, or hurt. This time, though, I wasn't feeling any of those three things. I thought about the time Winter took us to see The Hunger Games.

It was a perfect night. I was out watching the movie to one of my favorite books, and my equally geeky friends were with me as well. Then, Qibli fell asleep on my shoulder, which was hilarious because A - he drooled in his sleep, and B - Winter looked a bit envious.

Back then, I thought both Winter and Qibli's feelings on me were just silly high school crushes they'd get over in a month, at most. But now, it seems like they were about to start World War III against each other. 

My mind wandered to thoughts about the three exchange students. Clearsight was nice, and - I dare say - acted a whole lot like me. We liked the same books, preferred vanilla over chocolate, had weak spots for book characters, the list could go on and on. Fathom was the definition of what Sunny and Fatespeaker called a Dandere: An affable person - smart, witty, creative, and hilarious - but only if you were a close friend of his.

Darkstalker, though ... he was undeniably an interesting person. He was snarky and teased a lot, yet intellectual when needed. Some teachers thought him to be funny; others hated him. He was shown to be very good at talking and hung out at debate team meetings. And he just had that type of charm that gets people to think, "Now, I this is a cool person," at a first glance.

However, I still can't help but wonder if he really was responsible for whatever happened before Tsunami and Peril. Darkstalker was certainly smart enough to do that.

I went to my room, which wasn't messy, but not nearly as tidy as Winter thought it was. I should clean it though. 

I looked at my walls, covered in posters and drawings from my favorite books and TV shows. Call me crazy, but I actually found lots of inspiration from Katniss Everdeen, Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, Tris Prior, and Hazel Grace Lancaster. I sometimes hoped to write a famous book with a huge fanbase like the great authors who wrote these novels.

I grabbed my laptop and opened up to YouTube, which Qibli referred to as 'Cheap Netflix'. One video caught my eye on the home screen.

It said, People Propose And Get Rejected In The Funniest Ways. 

I clicked on it, but the video was sad, really. Every second I saw people being yelled at, slapped, kicked, and being run away from in the rudest ways ever. Except for this one part where a guy popped out of a trashcan lid with a ring, but the girl said 'no' by pushing the lid down again. 

I disliked that video, then went on Pinterest for memes and fanart from my fandoms. I saw this really clever headcanon where Rey and Kylo Ren - or Ben Solo - were actually related, with details to support why. Whoever wrote this post was probably against the ReyLo shippers who flooded the internet after The Last Jedi aired.

After that, I found a really captivating drawing of an anime person. It was so well drawn, I took a couple minutes to appreciate the details and colors. How long did it take for the artist to do that?

In fact, I was so entranced, I jumped five feet up in the air when my phone buzzed. As I paused to catch my breath, it buzzed again. And again.

On a school hangout, someone had texted, "GUYS YOU NEED TO SEE THIS" with a link to another website. I tapped on it, feeling more curious every second it took for the site to appear.

Finally, it did.

My heart stopped. I didn't know how to breathe anymore; this was all so sudden and unexpected. I whispered the post's headline out loud just to make sure I read it right.

"Principal Arctic is dead?"