CHAPTER 24: DEPRESSION

"How is she holding up ?" Rihaan asked Varun as they held a beer can each on the patio.

"She isn't getting any better. She's lost, very lost." Varun told him as they both took a sip from their beer cans.

"How are you ?" Rihaan asked Varun, facing him.

"Just living." Varun said with a chuckle.

"Do you want to talk about it ?" Rihaan asked his best friend.

Rihaan just looked at the ground and shook his head.

"Varun !" They both heard Riaana scream from her room, Reyaansh's room.

They looked at each other in shock and ran up the stairs, skipped every other stair.

"Riaana, what happened ?" Varun asked storming into the room.

"They're here, Varun. They're here." She said, barely able to speak.

She looked disheveled, her hair messed up, her eyes puffed and completely freaked out.

"Who's here ?" He asked taking her into his arms and looking around the room while Rihaan went to the windows and checked if there was someone around.

"I saw them." She said pointing at the couch.

Varun looked at Rihaan who nodded in negative.

"Riaana, calm down. Let's get out of here first." Varun said meeting Riaana's eyes, trying to assure that she's safe.

He took her to the living room and Rihaan handed her a glass of water.

"Riaana, who did you see ?" Varun asked her, kneeling down infront of her and holding her hands.

"Aarunya and Reyaansh." She replied.

"What ?!" Rihaan and Varun both exclaimed.

"I saw them. They were sitting on the couch, cracking jokes." She told them.

"Riaana, they're gone." Varun said softly, trying to bring her to reality.

"But they were there, Varun." She said bursting into tears. "I promise, they were there." She told him as she pushed her hair back.

"Riaana, I think you need to get some sleep

"Riaana, I think you need to get some sleep." Rihaan suggested.

"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. I SAW THEM." She screamed at Rihaan knocking everything off the table placed beside the couch she was sitting on.

"Riaana, calm down." Varun said motioning Rihaan to step back.

"Stay here. I'll bring you some juice. No arguments." He said as she cried.

He brought some orange juice for her and handed it to her. For the first time in days, he didn't need to force her. She was too occupied with the thought of Reyaansh and Aarunya that she didn't put up a fight.