CHAPTER 33: THE GETAWAY

• Reyaansh •

I woke up to Riaana in my arms. She was holding on to my shirt and her head was buried in my chest.

We were in Bali, with Varun and Aarunya, away from the public eye. We have our private property here where no press is allowed and our security team stay very close by, but we do have a high degree of privacy here.

I ran my fingers through her hair and kissed her forehead. It's been a while since we've began sleeping in the same room. It gave her the assurance that I'm right with her.

I slowly drew my arm from under her head and placed it on her pillow.
"Reyaansh" She called out softly.

"I'm right here, Jaan. I'm just going out to the porch."

I kissed her forehead once again before walking out of the room, closing the door behind me.

I walked out to the porch only to find Varun and Aarunya watching the beach, Varun was hugging Aarunya from the behind.

This was awkward. I turned around to go back in but I stumbled upon the chair at the entrance which made some noise and they both quickly moved away from each other.

"Umm.. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to disturb you." I apologized, scratching the back of my neck.

"That's okay." Aarunya said. "By the way, good morning."

"Good morning to you as well!" I said.

"I'll go make some breakfast." She said and went into the house while I walked towards Varun.

We stood there in silence for a while. This time, it wasn't the awkward silence.

"So.. how do you like this place?" I asked him.

"It's beautiful. There's so much privacy and that's the best part."

"Yeah, that's the reason I bought this place a few years ago."

Varun and I have a lot more conversations now. That phase of distance between us is long gone.

I really wanted to ask him if he and Aarunya are finally together but I didn't want to intrude his privacy?

"You can ask me whatever you want, Reyaansh." He said.

"How do you know that I want to ask you something?"

"We're brothers."

"So, you and Aarunya finally together?" I asked him.

"Yeah. We are. Just since a few days. She made sure that I was sure of this relationship because I loved her and not because I was feeling guilty of all that happened." He told me.

"You love her, don't you?"

"I do. Very much." He answered staring at his feet.

"That's good to hear, baby brother."

"I'm not a baby, Rey." He said turning around to face me. He hated it.

"You're Varun." I said laughing at him.

"Whatever." He said. "What about you and Riaana?"

"We're together. I mean, it's not like we've talked about it or it's official. It's just something both of us know."

"And how is she holding up?"

"Pretty well, honestly. This trip has gotten her much better." I told him.

"Yeah, she's evidently more cheerful and much better. She hasn't had an episode in two months?!"

"Yes, that's the good part."

It has been three months since Aarunya and I came back and Riaana is doing much much better.

"So, when do you plan to make it official?" He asked me.

"I was thinking of proposing her before we leave this place and go back. I think she's ready." I answered.

"That's a good idea. In my opinion, it'll only give her more assurance that you're here for forever."

I nodded.

"You know, Varun, until a year ago, I thought that we could never be brothers again, share our feelings with each other like brothers do and have fun like brothers do." I told him.

"I know. I'm sorry, Reyaansh."

"Don't be, Varun. You're not at fault. I'm just glad to have you back." I told him as I hugged him.

"Me too."

***

"Aarunya, I need your help." I said as a propped up myself beside her on the couch.

"Yeah?"

"I want to propose to Riaana." I whispered. 

"What?! Oh my God, that's exciting. I'm so happy for you, Rey!" She screamed.

"What's up?" Riaana asked.

"Nothing." Both of us said immediately. 

"Why is Aarunya happy for you?" She asked me.

"I was just telling her about the new initiative I was thinking about." I told her, hoping she would leave the conversation there.

"Oh okay."

"You need to shut up." I leaned over to aarunya and whispered. 

"I know, I'm sorry. "

"It's okay. Don't get too excited and reveal it to her."

"Yeah, I'll remember that."

________________________________________

Hey guys! I know it's a very late update but I can't help it. I've been very busy and that's the reason I haven't been updating the book. I'll try my best to give a updates more often.