CHAPTER 9 : BIRTHDAY

"This girl will never stop working

"This girl will never stop working." Aarunya muttered to herself as she put away some files from the bed while Riaana was sleeping.

"Ri, wake up." She shook Riaana to wake her up from her slumber.

"Aarunya, I'm so going to kill you if you're waking me up for some stupid reason." Riaana said rubbing her eyes with her palms.

"Come with me." She said pulling off the blanket from Riaana, grabbing her wrist and dragging her off the bed.

"Where ? Why can't you just let me sleep ?" She asked putting her messy hair into place.

Aarunya dragged her through darkness, as if she had some night vision glasses along while Riaana protested.

"Stand here for a moment." She said leaving Riaana in the darkness.

"This girl is a nightmare." Riaana muttered to herself while shoving her hands into the pajama pockets and waiting in the dark.

"Happy birthday !" She jumped in her place when she heard a bunch of people screaming as the garden lit up infront of her.

Rihaan on the other side expected a surprise because that's how the celebration is every year. But what surprised him was, it was Riaana's birthday as well.

As Riaana  looked around, she spotted the Rathore girls, Reyaansh and the Rajput family.

"Happy birthday !" She jumped again when Rihaan wished her standing behind her.

"Thank you !" She said passing a small smile.

She turned to look at everyone present and the decoration behind them. It read 'Happy Birthday Riaana and Rihaan !'

"It's your birthday as well ?" She asked him and he nodded.

"Happy birthday !" She wished hugging him.

"Thank you. Same to you !"

"Happy birthday, Riaana and Rihaan." Their parents said taking them into a loving hug.

"Thank you." They muttered.

"Happy birthday !" Aarunya screamed as she hugged Riaana and then Rihaan.

"Come, let's cut the cake." Aarunya said pulling them to the cake placed on the table once everyone were done wishing them.

They cut the cake together and fed each other first. Riaana cut a piece of cake and looked at Aarunya, unsure of who to give it to first.

"Bade Papa." Aarunya whispered and Riaana did as directed.

She then fed a piece to Reyaansh and turned back to go. He called out her name as he held out back by her wrist.

She looked at him questioningly.

"Happy birthday!" He said wiping of cream near her chin with his thumb finger.