CHAPTER 28 : THAT LETTER.

Some things are forever

Some things are forever. This was one
of those things, Aarunya and Reyaansh leaving me. Their departure made me feel lonely, not alone.

Was I happy ? No. Was I sad ? No. How did I feel ? I don't know and that's one of the worst feelings.

I was back at my job but it wasn't like before, nothing was like before. Reyaansh's letter still lay on my couch, waiting for me to open.

It's almost three months since I came back to London. Mom, dad, Rihaan and Varun call me everyday. I look at that letter everyday but I could never muster the courage the open it.

A part of me longed to open that letter, but another part of me tells me I won't be able to take it. It'll be tough.

The only reason I was working anymore and was in London was because I wanted to keep everyone happy. I upsetted everyone around me for way too long.

The past few months were difficult. I was going to therapy secretively but it didn't help. I did cut myself a couple more times, although not intentionally. I'm taking anti-  depressants, something I thought I never would.

The paparazzi wasn't helping either. They were constantly speculating about my mental health, my relationship with Reyaansh and now, with Varun. Varun and I were pretty sure that Sharan had set it up but we didn't want to react to it since both of us were going through tough times.

Life hasn't been very easy for him either. He was being being pushed by the Rathoregarh council to start training to become Rathoregarh's next king and he didn't want to. 

In three words, life is horrible.

I stared at the letter for a few more moments before I finally took it and carefully opened it. I was done. I just wanted to get done with this letter.

Hey, my love.

I hope you'll never have to read this letter but if you do, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for leaving you alone but you're my strong Princess, aren't you ?

No, I'm not a strong princess. Come back.

Riaana, the first time I saw you, no I didn't fall in love with you. I saw mom. You resembled mom so much, not in appearance but every other aspect.

You remember the day when I told you that I love it when you call me Karan, it's because it sounded just as if mom called me Karan.

Every time we'd have a conversation, you'd remind me of mom. But the more I got to know you, you were more than just a spitting image of mom.

I began to love you, the real Riaana. You made me smile, laugh and gave me the best judgements without being judgemental. You were the first one to treat me as an ordinary man and not as a prince.

A few years fell on the letter, smudging a few words. It was tough. Every word was killing me.

You're a strong woman, Riaana. You're my strong women, baby. I want you to know that I really love you, Riaana. I'll love you even if you say this relationship won't work. I'll love you no matter what, even if I'm not there with you anymore.

No, you don't love me, because if you did, you wouldn't have left. Stop telling me you love me because it makes me cry.

Everytime you said you won't make a fine Princess, you were wrong. You would make more than just a fine Princess. You have it in your blood, my love.

You remember the day I introduced you to Maa, you called her Maa too and that's when I realised that you love me as much as I love you. You were in denial, undoubtedly but we were in love.

There's so much I want to tell you, Ri and a lifetime will not be enough for that.

I'm sorry I had to leave you like this. I know you're very angry and you're crying. I wish I could see you cry, but not because I'm gone. I wanted to see you cry tears of joy when I would propose you with Maa's wedding ring.

For whatsoever reason, when I'm gone, know that I still loved you, no matter how much I fought with you, no matter how much you pushed me away, no matter what.

Riaana, I know you'll be broken when I'm gone. I love you and that's why I know you. It'll be tough for you, very tough. I know how it feels to lose a person you love but please, move on.

Move on, find another man you love. Find a man who'll love you more than I ever did and I ever will. You're a wonderful woman and anyone can fall in love with you. Start going out on dates, and this time, wear something cute and not formal. You look great in everything but you look out of the world in a dress. You're the most beautiful woman on earth, Riaana.

When you do get this letter, know that I wanted to give you mom's ring. So, please find that ring and keep it with you. Know that I'll always be there with you. However, if that ring stops you from moving on, don't keep it with you. Give it to Varun, he'll keep it safe.

Riaana, please don't run away from being a Princess. I know that you will be the best princess, Ri. Come back to Jaigarh, if you think you can find happiness here as well. You don't even need to train because you're natural.

Now, I need favour. Aarunya and I, we had planned to establish this organisation, Heads together, an organisation that deals with mental health issues. It's one of the most important yet neglected issue. If we haven't established it by then, please do establish and take care of it and if we already did, please take charge of it.

There's so much more, so much more I need to tell you, but I know, you can handle it.

I love you, Riaana, with all my heart. You are everything to me and I'll love you forever.

Loads of love,
Your Prince.

I - I didn't even know what to say. I was speechless. Why would he write a letter to me to make me cry more than I was ?

Please come back, Reyaansh. I can't do this alone anymore. I need you. I need you, as much as you need me. I really love you. Please come back.

_______________________________________

Amidst all my exams, I still managed to write a new chapter. I hope it was worth the wait. I'll update regularly from May 16th.

Here's a question : How heartbreaking was Reyaansh's letter to Riaana ?