CHAPTER 23 : THAT KISS

The hardest part of losing someone isn’t having to say goodbye, but rather learning to live without them. Always try to fill the void, the emptiness that’s left inside your heart when they go.

That was just the case with Riaana. When Reyaansh and Aarunya were there, although she fought with them, she had them. But now, she couldn't live without them. It was so hard. Every day, every hour, every second.

She opened Reyaansh's closet to put his blazer in. As soon as she opened it..she saw a life size portrait of herself beside his mom's.

"Why would you do this, Reyaansh ? Why would you love me so much, and then leave me ? Why ?" She spoke, as if he was right beside her.

She quickly placed his blazer in and closed the closet's door. She wasn't brave enough to discover other things that would show her how much he loved her.

She went down to the kitchen to grab something to eat. Not that she was hungry, she just had to eat. Varun ensured that she would because she never felt hungry.

It was almost two months since they both left her, but for her, it was just as if they were there yesterday.

Instead of grabbing some food, her hand reached out to the cabinet with wine. She opened the cabinet and found the wine that Reyaansh bought for her from Spain, the one that was a part of their first kiss.

With the wine bottle in one hand and a wine glass in another, she headed back up to the room.

She poured out some wine for myself into the glass and found herself staring at the glass, reminiscing our first kiss.

Their first kiss. It was beautiful.

"Reyaansh, to really seem to want to taste this." I said holding out the bottle.

He took slow calculated steps towards me making my heart beat faster. I was still, sitting there, with my heart pounding in my chest, so hard that I wondered if he could hear it.

He stopped a few steps away from me. With his fingers, he pushed away the stray strands of hair away from my face and went on to place his arm on my cheek, his thumb gently brushing my cheek.

I could feel myself biting my lower lip. I knew my breathing was rugged but there was nothing I could do. With him, so close to me, this had to happen.

He leaned forward, in for a kiss. KISS ? What do I do ? WHAT DO I DO ?

After a few moments he pulled back and looked into my eyes

After a few moments he pulled back and looked into my eyes. "It tasted good."

I looked at him with a questioning look. I didn't get what he was saying. I was thrown out of place to even comprehend anything.

The moment when he kisses me constantly played in my head.

"The wine. It tasted good." He repeated.